New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for all of those like me who cant afford the 180 for the ones on here i have a solution...unfortunately they do NOT fit the 99's unless you keep your little cowls out which is a bad idea from what i am told but they shoudl fit the chrome lights with no problems...

here it is...83mm cold cathode rings

these are 28000 cd/m2 they are bright as hell and come in various colours.. geta pair here with the inverter for 15.00 these ARE NOT NEONS but very similar

they are glass and will break just like the ones umintza is making

once you take the ring out of the plastic case it comes in on the fans they are even brighter...i was really pissed when they didnt fit in my 99's that i just put the lights back together and didnt do anything to them...

they are 3 5/16" in diameter and the ones being sold by umintza are 3 15/16..so they should fit very easily into the newer lenses..

they come with wires off the rings that are about 11 1/2" long to the inverter..

the blue ones i bought a re more like a super bright white with blue tint but very cool...

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that is only for one fan and light though...through the place i listed you get two fans two round lights and one 12 light with three inverters all of them dual...

$20 for one fan is a bit steep there are places on ebay you can get one fan with light ring for 1.99...

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
buying theer would make you spend 80 bucks for the four rings...on ebay you can buy them individually for 1.99 therefore spending 8 bucks for all four...or you can go to the site i listed and buy 2 auctions at 15 dollars each adn get all four rings for 30 bucks...plus get two 12 inch tubes...

sorry i am just confused as to how 1 ring for 20 bucks is worth it..in comparison to the demon eyes it would still be cheaper but it doesnt make sense to spend 80 as opposed to 8 and get teh exact same thing..

no matter how you look at it they cheaper then the demon eyes at CC and if you break one you wont want to shoot yourself...

and honestly i have not seen how bright the CC ones are but these rings i have were bright enough to light up my bedroom and the kitchen at the same time clear enough i could see everything....VERY VERY bright the pics dont do them any justice...i just wish they would fit in the 99's

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
have any pics of them installed? im very interested in seeing them

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They WONT fit in the 99 lights.....mine is a 99 so i dont have any installed pics sorry man...they are the prefect size if you dont put the little metal cowls in though..

·
Registered
115 Posts
i might do this but like u saying u have to remove the cowls on the 99 headlight and since my orig thought has always been to put then over the high beams only i guess i would just leave the cowl off of those and since the highs aren't used as much as the lows there should no prob with meltin anything right? anyways what would u use to stick these to the headlights? what kind of glue or adhesive?

·
Registered
902 Posts
Damn thats a cheap alternative :) Stupid 99.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
so... exactly what good do the fans do in the headlights?? hahaha but after shipping itd end up like $45 for a set, and im not seeing any other colors, which is not cool.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I have thought of this such a long time ago when these things first came out. They used to be like 40 dollars a fan. My buddy works at compusa and he can get these fans for super cheap with his discount. I'll find out an exact price later today If I can. Just find somebody you know that works there!

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by: JScullin
Do you have to remove the cups or could you get away with pushing them forward? :)
i tried to do this but the rings will line up directly with the slots that the cups go into..so i ground down the two outside tabs and then put the gap of the ring at the bottom around the centre tab and was having a hard time holding it all together...unfortunately the cups have a little downward rounded piece on the end of them..i was thinking about grinding that off aswell to let all the light through from under the cup but i chickened out and didnt do it...i was having a hard enough time getting the cup to 'float' with out the tabs...i bet if you really wanted to you could do all the above but cut off all the tabs then drill a small hole in the cup and screw it down to the plastic with a spacer under it..i wasnt willing to do that though..

as for colours there is BLUE, RED, GREEN, and an UV purple...lacking colours??how many do you get at CC?

i am not at all trying to knock CC i love that store just wish i was allowed to spend money there...hehe my fiance hates me spending money on my car..

all i can say is try it if you have the newer lights i am betting you wont be dissapointed, considering the money..

there are glues out there that will secure these in...i think most super glues would work not sure though as mine are not in so i never got out the glue..

i too was only gonna try them in the highbeam and just leave the cup out too but once again i chickened out hehehe...bennet told me that JAMallot's lights melted from not having the cups in..:(

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Registered
115 Posts
Originally posted by: crazyoldcougar

i too was only gonna try them in the highbeam and just leave the cup out too but once again i chickened out hehehe...bennet told me that JAMallot's lights melted from not having the cups in..:(
i can understand the melting that can occur if u leave the cowl off the low beams since their always on at night but the high beams ??? can they really melt if I kno i don't even keep my high bems on for more than 10 15 secs i just flash them every now and then...

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i am not too sure i would think there would be no problems from the highbeam cups being out IF you very rarely use your highs..i dont drive at night so i never use them..but like i said i just plain chickened out..give it a try and pay close atention to them if you nootice anyting funny then i guess you could always open them up and pop the cowls back in:( sorry i cant be more help dude..give it a try..from what i understand it was the low side of the lights that were really melting ..but dont quote me on that..those lights are on from the moment you start your car..i wish i had the guts to just go with it..

hehehe maybe you could put one of the fans inside the headlight enclosure and have it turn on with your lights everytime...that would probaly cool things down enough you wouldnt have to worry about it..that could be worth a try..

·
Registered
189 Posts
im not seeing where they are 1.99 for a set, as in 2, a pair.... all the auctions look like its that price for just 1 neon tube and fan... so anyone do this on a 01-02 yet???
jason

1 - 20 of 33 Posts