New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dont have instructions yet, but i will have them soon.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
visible wires? :confused:

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Upside down? i guess that's how yinz will have to settle for them looking rather than having them made specifically for the 99-00.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
These spaces aren't supposed to be there... The lens isn't positioned right. I had this happen to me too when I replaced a bulb - all you have to do is push them back into place. The wires will be in the way though - so maybe you could drill a small hole in the back of the light (the part that people paint) for the wires to go through. I like the idea of having the demon eyes, but there has to be some way to make the install look cleaner. Is it just me, or do the rings look too big? It kinda looks like they are sitting at an angle.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Well, we have Jscull...shipping us the lights.

On the 2001 lights it was very similar to these, and certainly it does appear that we need to do some creative installation.

The inner ring appears to be too big, so the our factory will need to produce a smaller ring <--- WHAT?!?!?!? no cover up? no, we're going to make them fit? A true statement? Ok, everyone, you can get up off your duffs and glare at the screen some more and run around with the banter I hate...whatever you have that day.

So, joking aside....

The reason one of the rings doesn't light up fully can be related to one of 4 things:
1) They are pretested before shipment, as this is one of the ones that was pre-tested and shipped to Q4. So, it's likely that it's very cold or...
2) The two wires running to the ring are touching <-- likely because the ring is partially lit and this is the first sign of "arcing" between the two wires. @ 500+VAC it's a lot of voltage or...
3) The ring cracking during shipment or during install, though this is less likely.
4) And this is possible, that during some part of the install - again, this isn't about finger pointing but facts that we've acquired with over 100 installs PERSONALLY attended to - caused a short somewhere on the power ballast where it's dividing its power incorrectly. If you were to disconnect the one ring that is lit and fire up the other one with that connector, you should see good results if the ring is fine.

As for exposed wires, I think it's Q4's desire to avoid breakage and persevere through the install without complete instructions that causes some of the exposed wire. In reality, that wire is almost too thin and when pull taughtly, is completely unobtrusive and nearly invisible - we are however specifying that in the future all our wires will be silver in color.

Any other comments are indeed welcome, but once the 99-00 headlights arrive here, we'll have some immediate pics on the site.

For those of you on the fence, you will be satisfied, for those of you not on the fence, and in the "game", then we will certainly offer you the benefit of early buyers which we will determine shortly after the final installation is done on 99-00 lights.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
why make the wires silver? factory 99/00 headlights are black, his are silver cuz they were painted

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
i dont like em, they are so bright they look likeheadlights, u cant even tell they are rings. im glad i made mine for 8 dollars and didnt spend 180

·
Registered
156 Posts
In complete an utter fairness, taking pictures of headlights is nothing like that.

Please don't equate your home made ones with these. I applaud you for your effort by all means, but these are bright all the time, not just in a dark room:

These images are taken with exposure turned ALL the way down.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think the problem with the 99's are the heat shields. I believe (without actually looking at it personally) that they must be removed to get a "flush" install. Look at the items I pointed out in the picture.

Normally the heat shields are on the headlights and not the blinker/parking light.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Ok I like the ones on the BMW but im not sure if I like the ones on the cougar. Is it just installed badly or what? I want to put it on mine but if it dont look right I dont want to waste my time/money.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Originally posted by: Kooter
i dont like em, they are so bright they look likeheadlights, u cant even tell they are rings. im glad i made mine for 8 dollars and didnt spend 180

Kooter, that is the best set of homemade angel eyes that I have seen. Do you have any pics of them during the day? Are they visible during the day?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I was going to make an attempt at installing these tomorrow, should I just hold off now to see if the 99s are getting new rings?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts