New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Demon Eyes almost complete in 99 headlights

My dad and I started at about 5:00 pm and stopped at 11:00 pm. The demon eyes are in the headlights and lights are back together and back in my car. Now all that I have left to do is finish the wiring in the morning because it was really cold outside. I only used one ring in each light because I broke one ring before I even got started when I was just looking at it. I think that it will look good like that but eventually I will purchase another ring and have all 4 rings installed. I just followed the instructions and it worked. I will post pics tomorrow after I get it wired.

·
Registered
487 Posts
RE:Demon Eyes almost complete in 99 headlights

how was the fitment?? I thought that the rings were too big

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE: Demon Eyes almost complete in 99 headlights

They will fit but you must be VERY CAREFUL while putting them in and they will not sit all the way back against the light but there is enough room for them to fit. If you don't feel confident doing it wait and umnitza is looking at a 99 headlight sometime this weekend and he can probably give you better instructions.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RE: Demon Eyes almost complete in 99 headlights

They are now in and everything is wired up. They work fine and look great I may have pics up tonight or it may be next weekend because I am about to leave to go to my house where I stay in the week for college and I won't have my camera with me.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm sorry I've been away for a bit.

I got the headlight into the oven (it was a hellish week this week due to insane amounts of shipments).

Just to let you guys know, we have 5 guys working round the clock (or so it seems) and we're just getting more orders than expected for our BMW headlight products.

This has slowed me personally looking into these lights because I have to find time to supervise everything.

We might have a better mounting system in place for V2 - which may not require us to build new rings, but rather ship you the mounting system.

Please bear with us, the headlight is in the oven, just going to open it up tomorrow instead of today.

Again, sorry about that.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think that a different mounting system would solve any problems that anyone is having. After driving with them in for only one day now I have already gotten several compliments and and 3 people with cougars have asked me where to get them and I referred them to customcougars.com and told them to check out NECO and they said that they had never heard of it so maybe we will have a few more members.

·
Registered
487 Posts
if they dont fit all the way in the headlight then how did you mount them?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The mounting points are all the way up against the lights but they are sitting at a small angle. Once the lights are sealed and back on the car you can't even tell that it is sitting at an angle.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Originally posted by: umnitza
Guys, been ill for 2 days. Sorry.
Get to it shortly:(
It's OK man. Feel better.

hawk3, you ever get those pics? I'm interested in seeing how they came out for you.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by: 3DB
Originally posted by: umnitza
Guys, been ill for 2 days. Sorry.
Get to it shortly:(
It's OK man. Feel better.

hawk3, you ever get those pics? I'm interested in seeing how they came out for you.
I'll try to get the pics up sometime this weekend, because I am at college right now and my digi cam is at my house.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've been having camera problems as well that is why I couldn't get any pics. Sorry.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Matt,
Did you get them to fit in 99's?? Or will they have to be resized?

·
Registered
487 Posts
i'm itching to install these but, i dont feel like breaking anything..Has anyone heard anything else??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts