New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are two pics I just took of my Demon Eyes I installed on a set of 01 headlights for my 2000 cougar... the other pics were blurry because it was dark out and the camera couldnt focus on the bring blue being projected from the headlights... so these two are close ups.

These are the 80mm blue cathode rings from Xoxide.com. Pretty cheap too.

One pic with the parking lights just on and the other is with low beams on because I know that I wanted to know what they would look like with different lighting arrangements....

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
They look good - was this hard? I'm thinking about getting some aussies and adding demon eyes but considering the price I'm going to pay for them I don't really want to try it and mess them up.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its harder with these headlights because if you scratch the chrome it shows. The black 99, 00 headlights would be easier to do. The process was really easy though. They were $5.99 each which was decent.

The only hard part that I encountered was making it so that you cant see any of the wires. Because the wires point down on the ring, I had to drill small holes for the wires to go through. There is a plus at the end of the two wires, so I had to cut the wires and then soldered them back together again once I installed the rings. This was also perfect for holding the rings in place with the help of some silicone on the bottom of the chrome insert to hold the wires in place. For the aussie headlights I dont see how they could be messed up unless you break something?

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
They look good - was this hard? I'm thinking about getting some aussies and adding demon eyes but considering the price I'm going to pay for them I don't really want to try it and mess them up.
Buy some 01-02 headlights and make your own aussies. That's what I did, well, minus buying the headlights. I already had 'em.

That looks very well done. Good job! It is very easy to scratch the chrome. I rubbed off a very small amount on mine, but it's not noticeable unless you're being a ass about it.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ya I ran the wires through the fire wall and installed a toggle switch by the trunk release. It draws its 12V of power off of the light inside the headlight switch assembly so that if the car is on you can flip the demon eyes on or off.

Also, the fan light rings come with the AC to DC converter box which can take 2 rings per unit. That is installed underneath the chrome insert held in place with the velcro double sided sticky that it comes with the fans.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts