New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Delay wipers no more?

Well the delay wipers stopped working, can anyone point me in the right direction to start looking first? They work on low and high just fine. Also when I have AM radio on I can here the usual whine thru the radio when they should be cycling so something is working. Maybe it's just a relay?
Thanks, Jeff

** Found the relay at a Dealership $20 for a relay! Problem fixed**

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
RE:Delay wipers no more?

This may not even matter, but do you have rear defrost and does the 12 second delay work on your dome light? I lost all three when my negative battery cable came loose after my alternator install.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

I'll have to check but as far as I know it is the only problem.
Diane, you like changing Avatars frequently don't you?

·
Registered
1,036 Posts

Might be your central Timer Unit.. the thing that makes a Binging sound when your door is open. Could be loose or something. But everytime it's out the timing with the Wipers and rear defogger goes out.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts

I totally forgot about the door chime. When everything else went bad, my door chime chimed, but it didn't chime in it's normal rhythm.

Edit: Jeff I get bored easy.

·
Banned
1,329 Posts

yeah i agree with ariadne, check to see if it got loose, or you might need a new one

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I've been looking at the fuse block diagrams in the owners manual but couldn't find the door chimmer? What and where am I looking for?

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

THe chim works when the headlights are left on so I think that it is OK.
Come on people, anyone else, please..........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts