New Cougar Forum banner

Decision time for me: Cougar or S2000

1K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  Tygerr 
#1 ·
I went with my parents today to check on trading my atx cougar for an mtx cougar, but no one in town had one so we went looking at other cars. When we left the Ford dealership I asked my mom if she would stop by the Mitsubishi dealership to look at an EVO she didn't like it and I don't think that is any chance that she would buy me an EVO so I told her that we could leave. When we leave I am following her and I see her slam on her brakes and pull into the Honda dealership so I think that she is once again trying to get me to buy a Civic. When I got out of my car I saw her walking towards a car and she asked me if I liked it. From where I was I couldn't see what it was so I walked over expecting to see her standing beside a Civic but when I got to her she was looking at a silver S2000 and we are going back sometime after the new year to look at it again and take it for a test drive. I know that this seems like an easy decision but I have got so many plans for the cougar and I really don't know if I am ready to get rid of it, but that 9000 rpm redline sure would make for a lot of fun. HELP!!!

#3 ·
Originally posted by: PGCougar
9000rpm redline! :bowdown:

Yes, and 240 hp from a 2.0L 4 Cyl.

#4 ·
Honda = Had One Never Did

Car-Stats.com Report for 2003 Honda S2000
Obtained from C&D December, 2002
0-60: 6.3 Transmission: Manual
1/4 Mile: 14.9
1/4 Speed: 95
get a eclipse. i raced one of those and we went side by side the whole way. for the money i would take my GTS. if you have something against the 3g eclipse's fine. but go with a GSX then.

i know how you feel about geting rid of your cougar i was there. but i was so happy when i brought my eclipse home. plus the women like it better then the cougar :naughty:

#8 ·
I think we should be giving your mom suggestions if she is going to be buying this car for you.

[GnuLoCo]

#10 ·
Originally posted by: DgnZCoug
This is the order of cars I would look at:

- SRT-4
- WRX
- Tiburon
- S2000
- 97-99 DSM FI'ed
yessss SRT-4! Can't beat it for the price!

Mike

#11 ·
S2000's are nice, but the cramped quarters and hardly any storage space wouldnt hack it for me if it were my only car.

I like how the SRT-4 sounds. or maybe Saturn Ion Redline?

#12 ·
1st gen TSI or GSX.... All wheel drive turbo 190 hp stock. Very easy to work on and there are lots of aftermarket goodies. Only said it cause i had one that was hooked up.. Man i miss that car.

#13 ·
S2000?! you have to ask?!?! Hands down over any car previously mentioned in this thread.

2nd Gen eclipses have serious problems. CRANK WALK. 50% chance of failure. It wasnt worth the risk to me.

#14 ·
I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you.

Did I mention I hate you?

No question, drop the cougar and get the S2000. The only honda you should even think about owning.

#16 ·
I didn't say that she was going to buy it for me. I said that she will go look with me and take it for a test drive. In the last year she has went with me to look at and test drive 2 EVO's, an STI, an SRT-4, a 350Z, and an Infiniti G35 Coupe and I didn't get any of those so I am not expecting to get an S2000 (but it will be great if I do). Actually, now I think that my mom is thinking about buying one for herself instead of me. I'll probably just trade my atx cougar in for an mtx cougar and continue to mod it.

#17 ·
geezus... i must find me one of these Moms who want to buy their kids $25,000+ cars... heh :tongue:

I wouldn't go for it though.... yeah, it'd be fun, but it might not last long if you are always up in the 7000+rpm range. plus the car is pretty damn slow unless you ARE up there.

think about practicallity too - winter driving? its a 2 seater eh? any kind of trunk space? think about those kinda things before you jump right in and accept this 'fun' car. :)

I'd personally go for a WRX... but thats just me :biggrin:

#18 ·
s2000s are sweet...i didn't realise this until I watched the bonus materials - that pink car is 2 fast 2 furious is an s2000...veilside body kit w/ ractive exhause....it's pink but picture it red.

#20 ·
Originally posted by: ZUM
I dated this really ugly guy because he had one. In no means am I implying anything.....

I even worked up the privledge to be able to drive it as well:thumbsup:

I would do it again:flushed:
....indeed, i too would date an ugly guy to drive a sports car... but it would HAVE to be a Diablo................. :cover: heh! :rofl:

#22 ·
If your mom is buying it why is it even a question? get the S2000

#23 ·
Originally posted by: Zalec
Honda = Had One Never Did

plus the women like it better then the cougar :naughty:

They are chick cars. I see more chicks than I do guys driving em, and most of em are hot!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.