New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!!!

Heres the problem....

Im driving my car and it starts bucking. Lights act like im idling, radio shuts off, and then comes back on and drives fine. I tested my battery and alternator 2 days ago, battery was fine, alternator ran 90 at 2k rpms....HELP!

EDIT: They wont work on my car due to custom mods.

·
Registered
674 Posts
RE:HELP!!!

hmm, I got a real real bad bucking when I lost fuel pressure right before my car almost exploded, thank you to the fire exting......hope this doesnt happen to you. It sounds like a differnet problem though.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

maf is connected

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

i forgot to mention im idling about .5 rpms higher than normal.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

500 rpms is what i meant.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[No message]

·
Registered
723 Posts
What would these custom mods be? In your sig its mostly cosmetic mods. They aren't refusing to work on it for that , are they?

N

·
0 Posts
they probably are denying your claim because of audio mods... they should really check to make sure it isnt something else FIRST , and they have to prove that your problems are directly related to those mods.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Dude, you need another dealership. i'm fortunate to have a dealer that likes me. i've been having minor tranny issues and when i dropped by to schedule an appointment i asked if i should remove my intake, and the guy said, "What for?" :) That was after the sales manager and as well as half the sales staff drooled all over it like two weeks ago.

·
Banned
1,831 Posts
my car did this same thing about 4 months ago...and it wasnt even (audio)electrical related...it was the DPFE sensor for the exhaust...made it buck and radio shut off just like your describing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts