New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEVER EVER GO TO MARKVILLE FORD AT KENNEDY. I WENT TO HAVE MY OIL CHANGE AND SOME STUPID PERSON HIT MY SIDE MIRROR AND SATCHED MY DOOR. THE DEALER DIDN'T TELL ME UNTIL I GOT THERE AND THEY REPLACE THE SIDE MIRROR WITHOUT THE COVER NOT UNTIL I BUG THEM ABOUT IT AND AFTER A WEEK LATER I FOUND OUT THAT MY DOOR RIGHT UNDER THE MIRROR IS SCATCHED THEN I WENT BACK AND TALK TO THE DEALER ABOUT IT AND THEY SAID THEY DIDN'T DO THAT AND RERUSED TO FIX IT SO FROM NOW ON I NEVER GO TO GET MY OIL CHANGE OR ANY OTHER SERVICE THERE.

FUEL PUMP ISSUE : I BELIVE WE ALL SHOULD FILE A LAW SUIT AGAINST FORD FOR NOT HAVING A PERFECT FUNCTIONAL FUMP PUMP FOR OUR CAR. DUE TO THE FACT THAT MOST OF THE CAR'S FUEL PUMPS LAST AS LONG AS THE CAR ITSELF AND NOT HAVING TO REPLACE IT EVERY 3 MONTHS LIKE OUR COUGARS >.< INFACT THOSE FIFTHY DEALER NEVER WILL INSTALL A NEW FUEL PUMP FOR YOU. I WENT TO GET IT FIX UNDER WARRANTY SERVERL TIME AND ALL THEY DO IT CLEAN THE FUEL FILTER UNDER THE OIL PUMP ASSAMBLY AND OFCASUE AFTER COUPLE OF WEEK IT WILL BE DIRTY AGAIN. FUTHERMORE I ALMOST GOT IN A DEADLY ACCIDENT AT HWY 401 DUE TO THE FAIL FUEL PUMP LUCKILY IT WAS 2:00 IN THE MORNING WHEN I GOT OFF WORK AND NOT MUCH CARS WAS ON THE HIGHWAY. THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PATIENT ^.^

·
Registered
536 Posts
I could have told you that 2 years ago. Their service is ****, and even it they promis to do something, they will try and go back on what they said. It's like trying to squeeze blood out of a rock to get them to provide a decenet service experince. I may have purchased my car there and taken it in for service there once or twice....but I will never return. Also some of the things thier service advisors and service manager have said to me have been outright stupid or wrong, and on a few occasions I have even had them prove the point I was arguing for me by the dumb things they say.

My advice is threaten them with a lawsuit if they don't fix what they damaged. I know for a fact that they have had situations occur where they have been close to getting sued for shady sales practices as well.

If you are looking for a decent dealer that is not opposed to dealing with modified cars like yours and mine, you can try Northtown Ford (Danny Jaggon has been really good to me) and its not too far from Markville) It's true that from time to time they may screw up....but they give you no crap about fixing it.

S

·
0 Posts
please stop yelling. the dealer will fix your fuel pump, you just need a reputable dealer. had mine replaced twice and it was quite a while in between before it needed to be replaced, not only a few months. sorry to hear about the damage at the dealer, but you should definately go see the service mgr or someone and make a stink untill they fix it. if they fixed the mirror it is not unreasonable that the damage could have happened, so they should realize this. good luck to you.
i deal with Thorncrest Ford in Etobicoke and have had great service with them for over 4 years, so if you are in the westend, stop by there next time.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
If you are ever in London and need a good shop, I STRONGLY reccomend COURTESY Ford/Lincoln. I didn't even buy my car there and they have treated me like gold for the past 4 years. They helped me take on the CRC concerning problems with my car and I was EXTREMELY happy with the end result. They have provided me with a vehicle at all times, they have parked my car under the video cameras when the car was kept outside and could not be kept on the lift, and have actually given me advice on certain things. In addition, they have deligated a specific mechanic to my car to ensure consistant service.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Originally posted by: Kami

FUEL PUMP ISSUE : I BELIVE WE ALL SHOULD FILE A LAW SUIT AGAINST FORD FOR NOT HAVING A PERFECT FUNCTIONAL FUMP PUMP FOR OUR CAR.
#1 - This is part of the problem. Why do you think that every part should be perfect??? I don't care what you drive, BMW, mercedes, Jaguar, Kia....nothing is perfect, and nothing lasts forever.

#2 I believe that the customer is responsible for the bad service experience sometimes as well as the dealership. There's nothing like a raging mad customer to bring out the best in you! Believe me, I've seen it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, it's true not all parts are perfect no matter what company it is BUT other companies are welling to recall and fix the product all together. Unforturnelly Ford denied the fuel pump problem and charge unresonable amount of money to replace the fuel pump and if you are under warranty they'll just clean the fuel pump for you and tell you that they've changed it. In average our cougar need a new fuel pump replacement every 3 months lets do the math 4x500=2000 more every year just to keep the car running???

·
Registered
656 Posts
Unforturnelly Ford denied the fuel pump problem and charge unresonable amount of money to replace the fuel pump and if you are under warranty they'll just clean the fuel pump for you and tell you that they've changed it.
Where exactly did you hear this??? That the biggest load I've ever heard! I don't know of any dealer who "cleans" the fuel pump. Have you ever seen the fuel pumps on our vehicles?? They are not exactly what I would call, "cleaneable".

In average our cougar need a new fuel pump replacement every 3 months lets do the math 4x500=2000 more every year just to keep the car running???
Where is this statistic from???? I've owned my car for well over 2 years, and only had to change the fuel pump once. Wait, wait....you must have, "heard" this from someone as well.

Let's do the math... (based off my car)

$500 / 3 years = 166.66 a year, or $13.80 a month, and that's if your paying $500 for a fuel pump.

Petro Canada released a statement to dealerships & customers giving detailed descriptions of fuel pump problems attributed to poor quality gasoline. They also provided telephone numbers for customers to call if they encountered fuel pump problems. Shell also had this problem.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
In average our cougar need a new fuel pump replacement every 3 months lets do the math 4x500=2000 more every year just to keep the car running???
Agreed with above... where did you come up with this from? I know people that run 80,000mi+ with no problems - replace your fuel filter, fuel pump, and don't let it go below a quarter of a tank, and maybe you won't be replacing your pump every 90 days...

Edit: You can get an OEM fuel pump for 75 bucks, and do the install yourself in under an hour. How-tos and links are available in the how-to section.

S

·
0 Posts
i had 2 fuel pumps *replaced*, not cleaned, and *never* got any friction from my dealer, and one was done under *extended* warrantee. maybe the way that you present yourself at the dealer is the issue. you can't just walk up in there and act the drama queen. my car ran over 50, 000 km w/o needing a fuel pump, and the second one i got at around 85, 000 kms. so where does this 4 x a year come from? unless you have personally experienced this, i don't think you can make such a huge generalization. it's like alternators. ajay and dan and dom went thru/are on 4 and 5, yet some of us never have this issue. my alternator blew on the dealer after my trade, but this really only goes to show that you can't make gross generalizations. cars are built by people, and some have different flaws than others. maybe you should look into some other kind of car if you are totally dissatisfied with the ford experience....

and do you have a sunroof? cause you might want to start worrying about that while you're at it :biggrin:

·
Registered
656 Posts
Originally posted by: starshower
i had 2 fuel pumps *replaced*, not cleaned, and *never* got any friction from my dealer, and one was done under *extended* warrantee. maybe the way that you present yourself at the dealer is the issue. you can't just walk up in there and act the drama queen. my car ran over 50, 000 km w/o needing a fuel pump, and the second one i got at around 85, 000 kms. so where does this 4 x a year come from? unless you have personally experienced this, i don't think you can make such a huge generalization. it's like alternators. ajay and dan and dom went thru/are on 4 and 5, yet some of us never have this issue. my alternator blew on the dealer after my trade, but this really only goes to show that you can't make gross generalizations. cars are built by people, and some have different flaws than others. maybe you should look into some other kind of car if you are totally dissatisfied with the ford experience....
I couldn't have executed that statement any better myself. Very, very well said.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
my car ran over 50, 000 km w/o needing a fuel pump, and the second one i got at around 85, 000 kms. so where does this 4 x a year come from? unless you have personally experienced this, i don't think you can make such a huge generalization.
I agree Im at 99,000 kms and have never had a fuel pump go. *Knock on wood*

Letting the car get very low on gas is bad for the fuel pump too. So maybe you people that are having problems should try filling up before you get below 1/4 tank. Just a thought.....

Christina

·
Registered
163 Posts
Ford + perfect fuel pump function = YEAH RIGHT :) (I'm kidding people!) Now someone pass me my hearing aid...:rofl:

Ford does have fuel pump issues from the Focus to the old Tempo/Topaz. However, I haven't heard much fuel pump failures for most other vehicles.

You have to raise a stink at a troublesome dealer, but you go through the "levels". Obviously, you complained to the Service Advisor. The next step has to be with the Service Manager, General Manager, and President/Dealer Principal of the dealership. Do it both verbally (in a calm yet firm manner), and in a formal letter cc'ed to each party. I'd go as far as calling into Ford AND writing them to tell them the same thing. You have to be the one looking like the cool head and the dealer being unreasonable (and unfair).

...if you are under warranty they'll just clean the fuel pump for you and tell you that they've changed it...
Never heard of this before...unless you had a really bad dealership. If you could prove it, you could make a real mess ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Alright boys and girls, most of you think this is BS and I am making all these up just to give the dealer the bad name.
Here you go, sorry for the bad picture only had a web cam. Look at the dates too
--> one of them on 29MAY03 and it said Replace Pass Side Mirror Assbly ( Damaged On Lot)
--> other one on 07Jul03 and it said Install Mirror Cover
You guys might think hummmm Why is the deal putting on the mirror cover after aweek and why just they install the whole mirror ASSBLY on 29MAY03....because they wanna take their chances, my car is black and the mirror assbly's mirror cover is also black so they just give me the car back...but after a week later i found out one side of the cover is painted Black and the other side is platic black ...why becasue the dealer don't want to pay for it to get paint then i when back and they ask me all there stupid question like Why didn't you tell me when you pick up the car because once you pick up the car we can't do anything about it and i also told them about the scarch right under the mirror and they are like you could of done that in the week and i was like DUDE i t was rite under the mirror u broke and they are like sorry we can't do anything about it also i was talking to the manage too.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Alright boys and girls, most of you think this is BS and I am making all these up just to give the dealer the bad name.
Here you go, sorry for the bad picture only had a web cam. Look at the dates too
--> one of them on 29MAY03 and it said Replace Pass Side Mirror Assbly ( Damaged On Lot)
--> other one on 07Jul03 and it said Install Mirror Cover
You guys might think hummmm Why is the deal putting on the mirror cover after aweek and why just they install the whole mirror ASSBLY on 29MAY03....because they wanna take their chances, my car is black and the mirror assbly's mirror cover is also black so they just give me the car back...but after a week later i found out one side of the cover is painted Black and the other side is platic black ...why becasue the dealer don't want to pay for it to get paint then i when back and they ask me all there stupid question like Why didn't you tell me when you pick up the car because once you pick up the car we can't do anything about it and i also told them about the scarch right under the mirror and they are like you could of done that in the week and i was like DUDE i t was rite under the mirror u broke and they are like sorry we can't do anything about it also i was talking to the manage too.
I was just looking at the first invoice..."VEH HAS AFTER MARKET RACING PARTS INSTALL..."

You might be getting the "benefits" of going to an mod-unfriendly dealership. You're probably getting shafted because they'll try and say you're trying to hose them because you've altered the car and...well...SOL.

They do have some sort of valid point. I mean, you *could* have theoretically scratched that area and gone after them. In the dealer's defense, they could have simply goofed in providing the right part number. The key thing is to convince the other managers and dealer principal that the scratches couldn't have gotten there themselves ;)

It's unfortunate, but you have an uphill battle. Speaking with the manager is one thing...putting fingers to keyboards and printer, and sending a letter out to the manager, dealer principal, and Ford of Canada would be another. If you truly want to make a stink, you have to do this. Verbal "discussions" are one thing. Written documentation is another.

But it really depends. You may just want to just let Markville go on this one for the sake of less stress. Take the suggestions everyone has on here and try recommended dealerships. At least it will help you go in some better direction.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Rich^.^ it really sucks because all i had installed was a injen intake at that time.
Purpose of posting this up is to warn fellow members not where go~^^~
So any dealship close to that area you guys recommend???
Also I know for fact that they didn't replace my fuel pump under warranty but they just clean the clogged bottom assambly. How did I found out??? --> 3 days after I picked up my car that bucking under high rpms comes back again and I bring it to another dealer to have it check up and they tell me i need to replace the fuel pump.

good luck to all of you with good fuel pump FOR NOW..... at fastcougar.com under PROBLEM FORUM stated
Fuel Pumps- The fuel pumps are a common problem with not only just cougars but Fords all over the country. The problem has been reported on all year cougars. There is a few things that can and do go wrong with the fuel pumps. 1 being they burn themselves out. 2 being they get blocked up. The symptoms include bucking under high rpms, bucking going up hills, Lack of power on acceleration. There are a few reasons the pumps basically cause their own failure. The pump is a in-tank pump so the when the fuel pump gets hot it uses the gasoline to keep the pump cool. So if you drive around with a ¼ tank of gas or less then you run the risk of burning out the pump. The second reason the pumps stop working or burn themselves up is that they get clogged with gunk that sits at the bottom of your tank. The pump to my knowledge is a “k” design. The main inlet to the pump is the bottom angled part of the “k” and since its angled down and is close to the bottom of the tank it can and will get clogged up easily. The top angled part of the “k” works well when you have more than ½ tank and turns into the main source of fuel when the bottom part gets clogged and you will notice this if have a ½ tank or more you will most likely not get the effects of the bad fuel pumps. There is a link to a replacement on top of this forum about the fuel pump. There is also some aftermarket replacements for your fuel pump. I know Walpro makes a replacement and people have had them installed and it takes some modification but I have not heard much more about it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thanks Rich^.^ it really sucks because all i had installed was a injen intake at that time.
Purpose of posting this up is to warn fellow members not where go~^^~
So any dealship close to that area you guys recommend???
Also I know for fact that they didn't replace my fuel pump under warranty but they just clean the clogged bottom assambly. How did I found out??? --> 3 days after I picked up my car that bucking under high rpms comes back again and I bring it to another dealer to have it check up and they tell me i need to replace the fuel pump.
Dixie Ford - Mississauga
Northtown Ford - North York

How far are you willing to drive your car for service?

As for bringing it to another dealer on that last note: if you got that in writing (saying it was not replaced), you can seriously raise some crap there.

But as many folks here and elsewhere have experienced, good dealers are rare. If you can, try to get to know the service techs and people. They are, after all, human. If you get on their better side, they tend to take care of you more than the average person. Sounds a bit like the preferential treatment, but I ain't complainin' at times! The ones who are into cars and stuff tend to take a softer line on modified cars.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts