New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how can i install a stainless dead pedal over the existing black rubber one? its the OEM stainless dead pedal that will be installed.... thanks...
jason

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
dont cut the rubber one out. Just drill some holes in the rubber dead pedal the same size as the plastic knobs on the back of the stainless dead pedals. Be sure to use a good quality glue as well.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Originally posted by: JScullin
Cut out the rubber one & glue the stainless on. Leaving enough room to make it tuck under & look neat.
That's what i was figuring on doing when i got my diamond plate dead pedal. It doesn't have plastic plugs.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I did it...but the Cougar is gone as of today...sorry, but I couldnt find any pics.

Just drill through the rubber dead pedal and squirt some adhesive in the holes and on the new dead pedal. There is padding behind the dead pedal and its like an inch down to the metal ...so you cant glue it to the metal. I used Versa-Chem black hi-temp silicone gasket type 998 and you couldnt have pulled that sucker out with crow bar. Just push something against it till it dries.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by: Excelcier
Actually, surprisingly enough, I simply screwed mine into the rubber and I've had no problems with them. I did my pedal overlays over a year ago and they're fine.
care to share some pics? thanks
jason

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Velcro.....

that way i could take it out when i cleaned :)

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
ahhh! brilliant! Velcro (which was invented by a Canadian btw :tongue: )

also, if you are thinking of a bit more permanent... get that glue they use to glue windsheilds in place. heh!

·
Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Where did you get the OEM stainless dead pedal from? When I tried to get it from the dealer they said it came as part of the carpet and I have not been lucky enough to find a 01/02 at a junk yard yet?

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Here's are two pics of my StreetConcepts deal pedal which I installed using urethane adhesive OVER the existing OEM "rubber" dead pedal. ;)

BTW...This set-up has been installed for like two years now with NO problems whatsoever!

~CIII

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Actually I have a "better idea" (mainly one of my own) brewing...

I have been thinking of covering the dash shroud (large black plastic piece over the gauge cluter containing the three HVAC vents) in red LEATHER [a'la Porsche] to match the planned (but as-of-yet unfulfilled) re-upolstering of the OBX Racing seats, center console armrest, and OEM rear seats (along with the door panel inserts) in said material.

I just haven't had the TIME to get it done!

Thanks for the compliment and suggestion!

;)

~CIII

1 - 18 of 18 Posts