New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well on saturday it snowed about 1 1/2 feet first snow of the year and I had my car parked in the driveway for a couple days then on monday night i got out of work to move it due to the fact that the whole front of the car was buried halfway up the hood in a big drift so i wanted to move it b4 it froze in....anyway i went to start it and it was bone dead wouldnt even click, I got pissed cuz I just replaced the battery not even a month ago and it shouldnt be dead...so when me and my roomie went to jump start it i popped the hood and the whole engine and battery were covered in snow and ice so i figured that was the problem i drove it around for about half a hour and let it run for 15min then parked it....the next mornin i went to see if it would start and it was dead again...and there isnt anything draining it so I think it must be the alternator but i havent had anyother problems other than this......soooo now I have to replace that as well as my air idler and O2 sensor as well then put her up for the winter to get painted and lots more fun things added

Jess

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
if your alternator was dead to begin with you wouldn't have been able to start it? how did snow and ice get into the engine bay and on top of the battery? sounds like a battery problem to me.

Mike

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the snow and crap got in the engine bay because the whole front end was buried in a snow drift and it went in through the grill and blew up through cuz i have the drift kit and there is no support bars on so it just went up inside......its not the battery cuz its not even a month old......

·
Administrator
24,498 Posts
If your alternator was dead, you would have a battery light indicator.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts