New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after much work and much prodding, we owe you all an apology.

I've placed a NEW order for the correct size rings. I can post pictures of me making it fit, but it's a moot point, I don't like a product not to be 100%.

So, while yes, they do work, and I can show you, it's not now working to my satisfaction.

Now, before this gets out of hand with people crying foul and vehemently opposing everything we say:

1) We will issue NEW rings free of charge. Save your existing rings that you have not broken. Do NOT BREAK RINGS.

2) As the manufacturer, we will be providing new rings to Custom Cougar's based on the database records of which rings are on 99+ cars. and not 201 + cars.

3) All ring exchanges will be handled by Custom Cougar's.

We apologize for the inconvenience, but we also think that it couldn't have happened at a better time when most people were too cold to do the install work and the spring driving season is upon us.

So, the timeline:

1) Order for exact specifications to the 99+ headlight were mailed today.
2) It's 15-20 Business days to complete this order
3) All orders for the rings will be mailed to Custom Cougars as soon as we get them.
4) All orders will be 6500K color to match any HID that you might have
5) All rings will require that you gently remove the barrels from your existing rings and reapply them to the new rings.
6) All fitment will be resolved with these new rings and install guide will be modified using JScullin's light.

Thank you very much for your patience.

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Good deal, can't wait to get the new rings. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Although I feel this message is Pre-Mature since Umnitza has failed to contact CustomCougars.Com about this, I agree it was the right decision overall....

However, at this time, CustomCougars.Com will not be taking any of the returns back to our office until details are ironed out between us the company and Umnitza the manufacturer.

To all those 99-00 Cougar Owners, CustomCougars.Com will make sure, under the powers of Umnitza, that you are taken care of. However, do not PM, IM, Call or E-mail in regards to the returns at this time. At this time more concrete details must be provided and ironed out with our Manufacturer in regards to this product recall.

Thanks
James
CustomCougars.Com

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by: ProjectCougar
Although I feel this message is Pre-Mature since Umnitza has failed to contact CustomCougars.Com about this, I agree it was the right decision overall....

However, at this time, CustomCougars.Com will not be taking any of the returns back to our office until details are ironed out between us the company and Umnitza the manufacturer.

To all those 99-00 Cougar Owners, CustomCougars.Com will make sure, under the powers of Umnitza, that you are taken care of. However, do not PM, IM, Call or E-mail in regards to the returns at this time. At this time more concrete details must be provided and ironed out with our Manufacturer in regards to this product recall.

Thanks
James
CustomCougars.Com
I agree James. I couldn't find you on the usual means, and just wanted to allow people the opportunity to KNOW we are making the correct steps on their behalf. We'll iron the details out after President's Day weekend.

·
Registered
487 Posts
:bowdown:I just saw this post, and i couldnt be happier. Thanks for fixing the size, also what barrel are you talkin about the little plastic pieces on the ends of the rings need to be removed?:biggrin:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yeah! Once again, I'm overjoyed. These are still gonna rock!

·
Registered
487 Posts
and i'm not touching the wiring correct?? I wanna make sure before i go ripping these apart haha....well atleast the barrel...I'm assuming its JUST that clear plastic piece and all the wiring is to stay in the demon eyes

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by: Thickie
and i'm not touching the wiring correct?? I wanna make sure before i go ripping these apart haha....well atleast the barrel...I'm assuming its JUST that clear plastic piece and all the wiring is to stay in the demon eyes
Wiring is unrelated, correct.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by: JScullin
Any chance of getting the pictures up yet?
After I get the new rings. These pics that I have just show the rings in a "slant" which when I got done with it was "ok" but hardly as nice as I anticipated.

So, I'll post when I have them.

Are you ok with me having the lights for this extended period?

·
Administrator
11,557 Posts
Originally posted by: umnitza
Originally posted by: JScullin
Any chance of getting the pictures up yet?
After I get the new rings. These pics that I have just show the rings in a "slant" which when I got done with it was "ok" but hardly as nice as I anticipated.

So, I'll post when I have them.

Are you ok with me having the lights for this extended period?
Ok by me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts