New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a question to our Canadian friends...what differences are there between our cars to get them to have daytime running lights. I know where the one part would go in the engine fuse box but is that the only difference? I doubt it is. But I was just wondering, cuz I want to be cool like all you Canadians!:biggrin: If, of course it's not too expensive. Puck Puck...any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Sometimes if I feel like it, I turn on my fogs only. Sorta like day time running lights except you can turn them off if you want. Not sure what other parts would light up for day time running lights, unless you are talking about the sidemarkers, do a search and you can find wiring diagrams. If the cougar doesn't have fogs, then I'm not sure.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I think there is a fuse in the fuse box thing that controls that. I thought I saw one in there but I don't know fore sure. Take a look. It may be just a fuse you put in.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
all you need is the relay that goes in the engine compartment fuse box..... it goes in either position 1 or 11 dependent if you have a 99 or 2000 Coug... I have no clue on the 01+ Cougs... I assume it would be the same... I bought PuckPucks relay and when I bought an indiglo rear badge I gave it to Estiem seeing as how I didn't want the rear emblem on all the time cuz it makes your parking lights on non-stop... Perhaps he can post the relay part number for you... I think the relay runs about 12-15 from your local dealer....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts