New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking apart the dash to paint it...

Behind the headlight/dimmer panel to the left of the steering wheel there is a gray circular plug in with a purple and grey wire exiting out the back of it...

I turned it clockwise and it still will not come off...I don't want to break anything inside...

HELP

·
Registered
293 Posts
It's a bulb. Just turn and pull. Maybe wiggle it around a little. You won't break anything.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Cut the wires and then rejoin them when you put it back in?

·
Premium Member
1,762 Posts
I'm removing my dash right now as well. I had a similiar problem, I have an aftermarker alarm installed, and my light for the alarm was installed in that piece of the dash. I had to cut the wire to get the dash piece removed, and now when I go to reinstall the dash piece and light, I'm just going to twist the wires together and wrap some electrical tape around it. That should be fine because it's not like any water will get at it. You could sauder it, but that would be over kill. Plus, what happens if you want to remove the dash piece again? You'll have to cut it. Your best just twisting & covering with tape... that if the bulb REALLY won't come loose.

Darrell.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, i just unscrewed a couple pieces instead of unhooking a couple sockets behind the dash, easier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts