New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the darkest blue out there ? im planning on repainting the cougar this spring. so far the dark blues i like are the BMW,CORVETTE,VW not sure of there color codes.

·
Registered
81 Posts
the blue that was on the lightning was pretty dark

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
you can have any color mixed you like. Just go to a paint store and they will be able to keep making it darker until it's what you want. BTW dark blue with blue pearl over it looks amazing. It really jumps out when light hits it. You'd spray the base blue first and then the pearl goes over it in a clear base coat then you clear.

The only problem with dark colors is you lose detail in the body lines b/c everything is dark. On colors like silver the lines are acceted by natural shadows. The orange that I chose was chosen for it's detail sharpness on the car and that it matches well with carbon fiber which I use all over the car.

·
Registered
298 Posts
my personal favorite blue is off of the cadillac Escalade EXT its called "out of the" blue paint code is 91U i figured id share ti with anyone who wants it since i am no longer painting it due to the same affect craig was jsut stating i fugured since everything is shaved i wanna show off all the lines

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
take a black base, and throw some blue pearl over it..

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
There was a Saturn color a few years back that was a bluish black that was super sweet... otherwise Chrysler has the Partiot Blue Pearl that is pretty damn dark too and looks killer on the Prowler..

·
Registered
3,925 Posts
HoK has the claims of having the darkest blues, and brightest reds on the market. The darkest blue can be had by applying a black base coat, with 3 coats of 1/2 Strato Blue and 1/2 Kandy Koncentrate. For an added effect mix your clear with some blue ice pearl (much smaller than standard pearl, which on a dark color looks more like flake).

E1

·
Registered
378 Posts
I think i have the darkest blue cougar going right now. Its a black base with a blue pearl over it.

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
^^^^^hott as hell. ^^^^^^

(or if you have the most recent reply at the top of the thread, then i guess i would have to say RichieRich1023's car is hott as hell.)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all the input guys

richierich1023: about how much was your paint job? is that all I ask for when i go to the bodyshop is black w/blue pearl?
im hoping my quote for a paint job woud be cheaper since i dont have a body kit and i will be putting a carbon fiber hood. im trying to go the subtle route with my cougar.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts