New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my car goes da dook everytime i press the clutch in when im shifting. its louder the faster i go. could this mean the struts are done? also, what all is involved with our suspension as far as at the wheel. do we have struts shocks and springs? for instance, i know everyone talks bad about matrix but im thinking about getting them after some long talks with several current owners. what will these replace?? if i buy these and new struts will i be good or do we have shocks too? i dont know anything about suspension so teach my like a 6th grader... thanks adam

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
We have springs and struts. Not shocks. ;) And if you buy ne wstruts and Matrix, they will replace your current springs and struts. :)

·
Registered
189 Posts
I too am curious about the Matrix coilovers. I have read the previous posts on the Matrix coil overs (and they are nice and cheap; which may not always be a good thing) but I was wondering if those people still have them, how they are holding up around this time? Since the matrix coil overs contain generic springs unlike the GC coil overs that are tuned to the cougar(so my research tells me), I realize the ride will be different, but will it be a lot worse? and will the springs degrade over time (in a matrix coil over)?

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by: LostRacer
We have springs and struts. Not shocks. ;) And if you buy ne wstruts and Matrix, they will replace your current springs and struts. :)
exactly what i needed to know thanks man.

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
Originally posted by: INTENZride
I too am curious about the Matrix coilovers. I have read the previous posts on the Matrix coil overs (and they are nice and cheap; which may not always be a good thing) but I was wondering if those people still have them, how they are holding up around this time? Since the matrix coil overs contain generic springs unlike the GC coil overs that are tuned to the cougar(so my research tells me), I realize the ride will be different, but will it be a lot worse? and will the springs degrade over time (in a matrix coil over)?
I have Matrix and they are fine. I've had them for almost a year now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts