New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what I would need to do in order to cut off below the weld for the 2001 coil overs, or if anyone had a how too for it.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know that this is retarded but do you think you could describe what one looks like, and what I should look for so I know that I am to the strut?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
puck and I used a hack-saw with a nice sharp blade, cleaned it up with a dremmel

and remember you don't have to cut it all the way through.. 3/4 will do then bang it off with a BFH :)

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
If you have access to an air compressor there is a tool that looks like a gun and has an interchangable fork tip on the end of it. The fork part beats the living hell out of the perch going from top to bottom of the strut and leaves a nice edge where the weld is. I wish I could remember the name of the tool. It took about 10 minutes to remove all 4 perches.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn I wish I had acces to one of those but it looks like I am going to have to go with a hacksaw. ABout how long did it take you to cut it with that mcon99

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
a few minutes...it is easy to see aproxximately how thick the exterior metal above the weld.. if you start to see black or feel a bump you've hit the strut.. a little nick doesn't hurt it though

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Yes it all 4 that need to be cut. Today I cut some and used a electric grinder with a cutting wheel. Worked good, but still had to use the hacksaw to reach the hard to get places.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts