New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cutting down hatch....

I recently messed up my hatch by hitting into a telephone pole...

However what I was wondering if anyone has tried to actually cut a piece of metal out or the hatch, or if it is even possible w/o weakening it too much. I am not a photoshop guy not have not really looked at the possibility of it yet. I was thinking of instead of an equal space being between the hatch and stock spoiler in you actually shaved the middle down so it would give you some more angles (i.e. about 1.5" on the side and 3+ in the middle). So it would sort of look like a triangle going down to the old hatch.

I would like it to follow the lines of the break light, and then possible mold the break light back in.

If it looks like sh$$ I was wondering if any has any suggestions on molding the hatch so it would have slots/grills/ or something else just different.

Oh yeah...and that brake light cover from ebay doesn't cout

Any opinions appreciated.

Thanks,
BRian

·
Registered
82 Posts
maybe if u had sum pics to help us understand what particular area u were talking about sum1 might have knowldge or could photoshop something for u, i have no experience with photoshop either sry

PaulF

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
if you do it, its gonna be really expensive. you might as well just get it fixed, and like remove the 3rd break light or something. that would be fairly original. ive only seen one other cougar with that done. if what im picturing is correct, then it will look pretty bad. are you kinda talking about something like on the back of that really weird looking car in the Lee jeans comercial where the guy chaces the car into the bull fughting ring or something, then jumps onto it, and climbs onto the hood then it stops? thats kind of what im picturing, but to a lesser extent....

·
Registered
713 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, most newer vehicles are required by law to have a 3rd brakelight. Now if you were to say...shave off the 3rd brakelight and make a mold of somekind so it would look like the CougarS 3rd Brakelight (pictures attatched). That's what I would like to do, if I had the money.

Z (jason)

·
Registered
133 Posts
that is the best looking cougar i've seen what are those wheels? that body kit is so clean looking. i want the roof lip. and the rear apron.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Jason, it's required that all cars made after 1986 have a functioning 3rd brake light to pass inspection ;)

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Originally posted by: derek
that is the best looking cougar i've seen what are those wheels? that body kit is so clean looking. i want the roof lip. and the rear apron.
It's the Cougar S prototype and you'll probably never see it in person. It was a one of a kind deal from ford and is now privately owned.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Originally posted by: Keliente
Jason, it's required that all cars made after 1986 have a functioning 3rd brake light to pass inspection ;)
I had a 1991 Jeep Cherokee that did not have a 3rd brake light, are is this a law solely for cars?

If anyone needs ideas, I could think of some very creative places for the 3rd brake light :)

-Pat- -ReToM7-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts