1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much do you guys think it would cost for a custom interior

like reholestry of the seats and door panle inserts

just ballpark

thanks guys

G

·
well its not hard to do urself. there are plenty of how to's to do just about any of the interior. It all would depend on what marterials u used to cover everything. I am doing all my interior myself till i get ready to get my racing seats and then i will have someone cover them to match rest of interior

·
Registered
660 Posts
Who did your roof St8LyRaVn?? IF you did that give me a detailed how to. I am in the process of putting a light velour on all my dash pieces that people normally paint and would love to do something similar to my roof

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
door panels = $500cdn
roof = $200cdn
Seats = $800 - $1200 ?

those are the quotes i got... then i did it myself, and just bought new seats.

edit - forgot to mention - those door panels were to have them redone in that vinyl/leather stuff :) heh!

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Roof, quoted $200 with sunroof panel also
Door Panels, $80 for rears, $50 for fronts
Seats, $300 for all 4

These quotes are with all vinyl. Seats would be a 2-tone like the Kat-skins seats. Door panels are solid vinyl. Roof would be reupholstered with fabric but embroydered with a cougar head. All in US dollars.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
No way in HELL I'd pay that to redo the interior....I think I spent $200 at most on mine, and thats with buyin and replacing the fabric twice!!!! Do it yourself, its not that hard.........

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i have the seat with no headrest
so it would be verry hard to do
also i want 3 piece door panels so they fit right it
all i would get it the seats redone and the door panels
i would be leaving the carpet roof and everthing esle

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
Originally posted by: Loyalty
No way in HELL I'd pay that to redo the interior....I think I spent $200 at most on mine, and thats with buyin and replacing the fabric twice!!!
Yeah, you would just hire Sunni... you crazy velour lovers :biggrin: hehe!

G

·
do a search for the headliner...i have given detailed how to's on how to do the headliner door panels and rear decklid. its not hard and materials cost about 80 dollars for all of it.

·
Premium Member
1,754 Posts
All of my stuff was recovered in leather, door panels and a brand new set of seats. I think I ended up in the $1300 dollar range.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
Originally posted by: ND4SPD
Originally posted by: Loyalty
No way in HELL I'd pay that to redo the interior....I think I spent $200 at most on mine, and thats with buyin and replacing the fabric twice!!!
Yeah, you would just hire Sunni... you crazy velour lovers :biggrin: hehe!
ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;)

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I always wondered... what is underneath the fabric?? Would it be hard to pull off and lay down a coat of fiberglass and have it painted???

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
its like the spongy foam stuff... really thin, its just enough to give it that "soft" feeling to it, nothing really exciting :)

G

·
I used half inch foam to do the designs in the headliner,hatrack,and just about finished with center sections in door panels, and back panels. will have pics soon

·
Registered
302 Posts
Interesting fact, cloth is more expensive then vinyl (or Leatherette), of cource Genuine Leather is more than cloth. I was quoted at one time around 800 for the seats in vinyl, or about 1500 for everything.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
just buy the whole Katzkins package (500 or so?) and get it installed... its worth it.. that would leave only the headliner and thats a weekend project on your own and super easy...

BTW -- to answer the insert question.. if you pull the fake vinyl or cloth off of the insert you are left with foam.. if you scrape it off you are left with the same fiberglass material that the headliner is made of.. what you could do would be to apply many coats of resin to it and sand it all smooth and then yes.. paint it - alot of work but it would look AMAZING!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Any links to sites that sell the Katzkins package??
How much are they and how hard are they to install

1 - 20 of 23 Posts