New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the injen intake and want to know if anyone built a cold air box for it? I know about the dragon box on customcougars.com but just would like to know if anyone built their own?????:confused:
Also, does the cone filter even fit in the box or do you need a flat one?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Okay, first off, WELCOME TO NECO! We're always glad to have new members aboard! As for your question, you can use the Weapon-R cold air box in CONJUNCTION with your Injen intake. The Injen (K&N) filter fits INSIDE the Weapon-R box just fine. It will require a little bit of modification to the box itself to use the two products together, but it is not very difficult to accomplish. I can tell you this in good faith, because I HAVE the two products in my car now. (I'll attach a pic of my engine compartment.) If you need further information on how to install the Weapon-R cold air box with YOUR Injen intake, feel free to ask!
Again, Welcome!
Charles

BTW...There are no other companies currently producing a cold air box (or ram air kit) for the Cougar.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Just out of curiousity, does the cold air box muffle the intake sound? I assume it would, but how much? I guess I'll do a custom ram air kit one of these weekends.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
I'm really not sure if the CAB muffles the intake noise or not because I installed my YoDude duals BEFORE I put in the CAB, and the exhaust system pretty much drowns out any intake noise. (I couldn't hear the Injen anymore after putting on the exhaust.)
Charles

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you need some new pics of your engine bay charles, those two are too far away! plus I wanna see that battery tie down up close. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Sorry sir, no digital camera...Here are some close-up pics of the tie-down though! (Thanks go out to "GotBass" for taking some pics of the part for me!)
Charles

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
Damn, don't reach in the engine bay near the battery. Looks like the corners of that tie down are sharp. That would leave a nasty mark. Maybe dremel the sides smooth, or have you already done that and I just cant tell from the pics? Looks really good tho. Nice color scheme with the yellowtop.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Just a question on the weapon-r cold air box with an injen intake....will it fit under the hood cuz my filter alone barely fit.. in fact i think it even touches the hood a little..i tried to push it down so it wouldn't touch and i think im ok now..

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for the information and thanks for the warm welcome! Another question is has anybody made their own box set up with a custom tube from the fender? I did a search but just came up with Weapon stuff.

Thanks
Kelly

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
CWTIII---> I was just wondering where you found the weapon r box...i have the injen intake with the injen heat shield but am looking for a little more. And if you could also give me some specifics on how you adapted the Injen inake to the Weapon R box, that would be great! (PM's would work ;))

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by: Hertzy42
is that 8 gauge wire coming out of gotbass' battery? that is a HUGE wire!
Yeah, that's a 4 gauge, almost as big as the bar in my tongue :tongue:

Looks really nice in there, I like the aluminum? accents

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Looks like 4 gauge, my 8 guage doesn't look that thick.

Thick? 4 gauge? Come on guys! Try fitting 2/0 through the fire wall to the trunk! Lol! I have a lot of the wire left if some one wants to do a battery relocation or has a high amperage sound system.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts