New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Ur one.....
6,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i put this in vids and pics first.......obviously the wrong place to put it. anyways, i would like to know if anyone here has gotten a custom airbrush job on their cougar and how much the spent? i have something i want done to mine but i would love a quote, and/or round-a-bout price, if i could get one. i can show you a picture of what i have done in photoshop if i'm allowed.

thanks
M

·
Administrator
11,556 Posts
I would imagine it would cost as much as the artists talents. If I were as good with the gun as I am w/the mouse I'd charge a good amount ($1-3k).

Your best bet would be to find someone with good talent that is trying to get noticed. You can both work out a deal.

·
Ur one.....
6,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by: JScullin
I would imagine it would cost as much as the artists talents. If I were as good with the gun as I am w/the mouse I'd charge a good amount ($1-3k).

Your best bet would be to find someone with good talent that is trying to get noticed. You can both work out a deal.

no doubt.....it is so much easier with a mouse. i have an airbrush and a compressor but i found it very difficult and time consuming......also the "undo" process is much more difficult than a simple "ctrl-z." so therefore my "medium" changed from a real airbrush to a mouse.

but that is a good suggestion John.......thanks.

M

·
Registered
904 Posts
I want to see your idea MagicHallucinations.
Please post it.

I'm thinking about getting some airbrushing done myself, something that will cover the hood and flow throughout
the whole car. It will be an H.R.Giger artwork.

·
Ur one.....
6,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, it's not on my cougar because i originally did this for a contest on another forum. but the more i look at it i want it done ya know?

please ignore text, lol. the idea sucked in the end, all except the car. my failed attempt at page layout......failed that class;)

M

·
Ur one.....
6,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol, i guess you like it then;)

yeah so now i just need the elevendy-billion dollars to put it on both sides of my car. not to mention that my car is silver and would need to be black, but....i have an in there. i can get stuff painted cheap but they don't airbrush.

M

·
Registered
884 Posts
if you go to customairbrush.com i think is the website, she does awesome custom air brushing. She quoted me 2k to do my door panels, and dash pieces with some sort of cougar theme.

·
Ur one.....
6,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
now that's hot stuff! i love her work........i'm going to drop her a line and see how much damage i can do, lol.

thanks Sam
M

·
Ur one.....
6,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks Brad.........every bit of that art rocks!

so now to see who has the cheapest price, lol. still waiting to hear from Daneen.......

M

·
Registered
884 Posts
She took a few days to email me back, but she eventually will

·
Registered
401 Posts
It all depends on who is doing it. ALSO depends what kind of paint they use. To remake my hood from the same guy that did it would cost someone around $2,500. That is just a hood. Talk to who you are looking at doing it and ask questions. Someone that knows there stuff should impress you with there knowledge. Also don't just check out just one place. Many airbrush company don't really advertise for cars, they do mostly bikes. But check them out too. Wouldn't be a bad idea to call a local Harley shop or something and ask about it.
Mark

·
Banned
1,329 Posts
i didnt really like that first pic u posted but that second link with the orange truck is bad ass i've seen that in mag's... that would be tigh to have

·
Ur one.....
6,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
so mine would cost around 3g's or more.......since it doesn't cover the whole car but it is on both sides.

i'll just have to wait for my price from Hazen.

M

·
Registered
904 Posts
I think I may forgo my "giger concept" and just get COUGAR
"brushed on" in some phat font on the rear.

My Giger concept was to have "lil" the painting he did for ELP-Brain Salad Surgery, sprayed
on the hood and have her hair/dreads, the biomechanical cables come back throughout the
whole car.

I'll have to get some quotes as well

I attached a pic of lil.
There are actually 2 pics of her, one with the album closed with the biomechanical sarcophagus around her
and the open cover closed eyes-eternity shot.

·
Registered
220 Posts
can i see that pic of the audi again, the link doesnt werk

1 - 20 of 20 Posts