New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to fix or change the cup holder in a 99? they suck really bad. spills all the time.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ha. Mine to. Look in my thread, 'new guy, big plans'. One of the guys in here was helpfull enough to list where you can purchase the newer console.

·
Premium Member
5,052 Posts
Don't drink in the car, use smaller cups... resist the urge to say sure supersize it.
use bottles with closeable tops.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's why we call it the cupspiller ;)
use the one in the back seat, and only access your beverage at red lights. or, use your passenger :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Best way to fix the cup holder is:

1. Remove the plastic dash insert around the holder.
2. Get out a set of (hell if I remember what size)sockets and take out all the screws.
3. Inspect the true crafstmanship of the item.
4. Inspect all the soda syrup inside the dash where it used to sit.
5. Start car.
6. Drive to nearest freeway.
7. Evaluate speed. When approaching 75mph....
8. Roll down window and chunk the peice of ****.

If all goes well, you have truly fixed the cup holder.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Originally posted by: Lukydogg
Best way to fix the cup holder is:

1. Remove the plastic dash insert around the holder.
2. Get out a set of (hell if I remember what size)sockets and take out all the screws.
3. Inspect the true crafstmanship of the item.
4. Inspect all the soda syrup inside the dash where it used to sit.
5. Start car.
6. Drive to nearest freeway.
7. Evaluate speed. When approaching 75mph....
8. Roll down window and chunk the peice of ****.

If all goes well, you have truly fixed the cup holder.
HaHa, how true! There have been a couple of times when I stopped after work to pick-up food and had my drink spill all over my uniform when I pull out of the lot! God did I truly think of ripping that POS out and chucking it!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ive gottien use to it, I figured out if you flip it the opposite way it was meant to go, it works fine. If not awkward lookin...

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
or you can trade me your cup spiller console and I will give you the better console but its painted silver. :biggrin:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i would trade you dude. is the paint job on it good looking. and why would you want the cup spiller?

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
limit your drinking to the following:

Wendy's medium sized drinks
Dunkin Donuts medium sized coffee
Snapple bottles
16 oz. soda bottles

·
Registered
733 Posts
In addition to the other tips:

If it doesn't affect your driving, as you make a turn hold the drink in the cup holder with your right hand. You really don't even need to hold it, just sort of guide it to make sure it doesn't spill.
If the cup is small enough (ie, 12 oz. coffee) you only need to hold/guide it if you are taking a sharp turn or you need to pull out quickly in traffic.

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
That's close to what i do... since my right hand is always on the shifter i just kind of brace my arm against the cup as i go through curves.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Do your cars only have 1 cupholder in the front?
I just recently saw this 'cupspiller' as mine has a normal cupholder. Unfrotunately it blocks reverse and 4th gear, so I still end up not being able to use it, however I have one just behind the Ebrake.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
This topic cracks me up and I've heard it from owners of all types of cars. The solution is simple:
Use a cup that fits in the holder good
Think of it this way, if you have something that doesn't fit in your trunk do you complain that the trunk is to small?

When you have nut to loosen and you don't have the right tool do you complain about the nut being the wrong size? Or do you get the right size tool?

In otherwords there are so many different types of cups/mugs out there how do you expect the MFG. to design a cup holder to fit everything from a 44oz. big gulp to a juice box? Deal with it, you can't please everyone.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts