New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking of buying a new cougar but unless it has enought room for a db drag style sytems i will not buy it. looking to run 2 12"s in 3 cubic foot boxes. will i still have enough room for batterys and amps?

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
yes

·
Registered
972 Posts
Click on the link down below called MY POS, 6 JL Audio 12w6's with 5 amps and 3 batteries, no problemo!! Plenty of room in the trunk!

Here is a good pic Trunk

·
Registered
549 Posts
Yea you have plenty of room...I'm soon to build a DB Drag style cougar...with 2 12"s up to 3ft^3 each sub...plus, I have a 2nd battery, 2 amps, and other electronics in the hatch area too.

G'luck with your coug....maybe I'll see you in the lanes in the future.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
excelent, even more of a reason to buy one. what are some number you guys or gals are hitting anyone part of db drag? also what kind of electrical system is stock? size of stock battery and altinatro size and output?thanks

·
Registered
549 Posts
stock alternator is rated @ 130amps...

since I brought this up...anyone know if theres a 200a alternator that'll fit our cars...I've looked on Wrangler's alternator site and Ohio Generators...but I didn't see nothin' for our cars.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I had my altenator re-wound to produce about 160 amps. I hit on average a 156.7db, but with non-sanctioned numbers coming close to 159. I used 3 optima yellow tops with 4 gauge wiring to everything. 2 MMats LM4065hc's and 3 D200hc's, total wattage of about 6800 watts RMS. My system was never tuned correctly, and could have broken 160 with correct tuning!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jjennings,

Did you have your system metered before the alternator was rewound? Was everything else in the car (other than the alternator) the same before and after the alternator work? How do the numbers compare?

Peace,
Keane

·
Registered
972 Posts
I actually had a 3db increase with the soundstream amps that I had before, at first I was hitting 148's-149's, afterwards, I was hitting 152.x. But when I went to the MMats amps, I was hitting 156 and so on, but I never put it on an RTA or did any intensive tuning. I'm positive that if I would have, I would have broke 160 easily. I don't think the altenator re-winding would have made a difference with the mmats. They are digital amps, and don't draw nearly as much as the Soundstreams. Infact, I was able to get rid of the caps, cause I needed the room for the additional amp, and I noticed no decrease in SPL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.