New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My cruise control is not working in my car what so ever. No matter what speed I am at it will not engage.

A while back my step dads truck was in for service cause his cruise control wasnt working either. They replaced his throw out barrings and that fixed the problem because it was reading his clutch being engaged so the cruise would not go on.

I think my throw out barrings and for sure my clutch are needing replacing because when i am driving and stop and pull my clutch out in nutral i can hear a chattering/clicking is the best way i can describe it.

This coming pay check im ordering up a stage 2+ clutch and a light flywheel for my car but i just wanted to throw around idea's of what you all think it could possibly:cool: be.

Thanks!:cool:

· Registered
1,572 Posts
ths peice should just slide off of the screw its on
View attachment 29157

you might have to squeeze down the little clips but this peice will come off pretty easy too
View attachment 29158

if u can see the little clip on the top right well just push the clip in and turn it ccw and it will pull off
View attachment 29159

Now just unattach the wire, it's on a little spool just unwind it a little then when you get it to where its attaced nothing is really holding it into place it's just nesteled in there i put a flathead screwdrive in the little slot to keep it from catchin on anything and then it just pulled right out
View attachment 29160

hope that helps u get it off
i wrote this to tell a guy how to get the cruise cable off but it will show u pics of what to look for and to make sure it's attached. they tend to fall off where they are attached to the throttle body just pop the hood open and take a look

· Administrator
1999 3.0 SilFro
27,704 Posts
Why are you getting a stage 2+? That isn't really a daily driver clutch. You'll shake the teeth out of your head...

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it lists it for daily driver if you want it just a little above a stage 2 but not a stage 3 for light moded cars....Im hoping to get some more performance mods going so i figured why not get something thats going to handle a little more abuse when im buying one vs. buying the stage 2 and upgrading later.

I havnt completly decided on the 2+ yet. i may stick with just a stage 2 but we'll see. I still got 2 weeks before i place the order

· Premium Member
3,414 Posts
Stick your toe under the clutch pedal and try to engage your Cruise. If that is the case and it works then your pedal may require adjustment. This happened in my probe and used to bug the crap out of me.

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You mean put my foot under the clutch and light up on the clutch a little and see if it is jus a bit lose??

Stick your toe under the clutch pedal and try to engage your Cruise. If that is the case and it works then your pedal may require adjustment. This happened in my probe and used to bug the crap out of me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.