New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanna put cruise control in my cougar since mine didnt have it from factory. I could find all the parts I need except for the cable going to the throttle body. I have a MTX but only have a ATX cable and I am scared of making it unuseable if I try to chnage it. I can't find any on the Internet or near me. Does anyone still have one or know where I can get one? I am from germany so if anyone could make the effort to send me one from where ever they are from I would of course pay all the shipping costs. I just really need one and I kinda don't trust those Russian auto parts sites which say they still have them.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I wanna put cruise control in my cougar since mine didnt have it from factory. I could find all the parts I need except for the cable going to the throttle body. I have a MTX but only have a ATX cable and I am scared of making it unuseable if I try to chnage it. I can't find any on the Internet or near me. Does anyone still have one or know where I can get one? I am from germany so if anyone could make the effort to send me one from where ever they are from I would of course pay all the shipping costs. I just really need one and I kinda don't trust those Russian auto parts sites which say they still have them.
A picture of the area would help. I always thought the cruise control cable was part of the cruise control module. The only thing that’s transmission specific is the gas pedal to throttle body cable, not the cruise control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
It is a different cable. Very easy to change out on the module side. I might have one, I'll look.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you got one I would be the happiest person right now.... can't find anything for them these days!

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Well, I do have an extra but before I part with it, you might have some other options:
First, are you searching for MK1 or MK2 Mondeo cables? That car is so common over there I'm very surprised you cant find one.
Second, you could swap to an ATX throttle, bracket, and cables (some people prefer them because of the way the throttle actuates)
Third, you could swap to an ST200 throttle, bracket, and cables (This would be an upgrade)
Fourth, If you can find an old IMRC, you could cut the cable end off of that and use it on your cable. You just need a new cable crimp but those shouldn't be hard to find.

If none of those are realistic options for you, message me and we can make a deal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
First, I was looking for Mondeo Mk2 cables and anything similar. Basically everyone over here didn't get cruise control in their car when they bought it new which I can't understand and the ones that got it and sold them are all already bought since its such a rare part! The ONLY thing I could find was ONE 2.0 manual cruise control cable but with the control unit attached to it and i didn't wanna cut into anyones chances for cruise control.

Second, basically everyone here drives stick so ATX brackets are so finding them is also almost impossible.

Third, no one sells ST200 engine parts seperatly and I don't have the money for a ST200 Swap (yet) lol.

Fourth, I do indeed have a non working IMRC laying around but I am in the process of fixing it and selling it or keeping it as spare. And defect IMRC for some reason aren't being sold. I already saw that they have the same piece at the end. And maybe someone (I doubt anyone here but maybe somewhere in ur country) is looking for a ATX cable and if I don't have to modify it I really don't wanna do it because even how small it is I will always see that its not OEM and that will always bother me because I have a problem with perfection.

Plus dealerships can't get me anything and I work at a Ford Dealership.
It's like the perfect combination of why I am looking over the big pond for help haha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts