New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i am thinking abotu driving to buffalo to pick up a front and rear bumper set but am concered about getting across the board into canada and back into the us without them trying to rape me or somethign... puck excel mcon i think you guiys cross fairly often info input ideas? if i tell them what i am doing that i am just using their country as a connection from my own woudl they let me cross and then get back in without doing any chargin of any fees or antyhgin?

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
I can't see where there would be a problem....if you ship it...there would be. You know that you can drive there in 5.5 hours right?? From detroit to London is 2 hrs, London to the Buffalo is 3 1/2 hours.... thats about $50 in gas.

What you'd want to do is drive....pick it up, stop in at the border and have them take a look and tell them you're taking a bumper to Michigan. Have them write the items down and show that to the border guard when going into Michigan. I cannot see how they can charge you as you are not bringing an item into Canada, you are transporting it from State to state. it was bought in the US. you are not claiming an item for canada, nor are you a resident.....just have proof you bought it in N.Y. and you should be fine.

If you ship it, you MAY have to pay a border inspection fee.....but I'm not sure how the shipping works. I allways pick my stuff up...I snuck my Roush kit (all 5 peices) and lowering springs from Detriot to Canada :)

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
Before you cross from buffalo back into Canada with the parts, you need to get a customs declaration form, and PRE declare all your items....

your best bet is to call ahead to the Buffalo customs people and find out EXACTLY for sure first... the detroit customs people may also help also....

·
Registered
5,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx puck... looks like this may be likely since greyhound isn't behindg helpful on shipping so i may be driving fothere nexst weekend for these bumpers... i need them forsure now since i just got my fenders and they woudl look sily without aftermarket bumpers...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.