New Cougar Forum banner

Crazy weekend

851 views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  gyger 
#1 ·
Ok this isn't really Cougar related but thought I'd share
Brooke and I decided to take the ruck off road since I just installed
new Pro-Comp shocks, finished undercoating the frame, ripping out old gas
lines and installing new ones. So we got out to a place not far from my folks
place and decided to drop it in 4 wheel drive and rip through some snow and mud.

Went through some minor mud and caught a little air off a hill then decided to trun back
I said the magic words "wow everything is going great I can't believe these old bald tires
are doing so well"

I turned around and saw a nice little rut/puddle I wanted to hit before we went back.
I made the stupid mistake of coming in at angle and that was all she wrote made it through the
rut but with only two tires left hahahahahaha
When I hit it I was coming in from the side. The tires followed the rut and the rims didn't so the old
dry rotted tires came right off. Luckily no damage to anything but the tires.
Bad part is I have to buy 4 new tires. at $220.00 each that's gonna suck but it's been long over due

Thank goodness I bought some old rims and tires about 5 years ago and held on to them.
Called Dad and he showed up with my tires, jack and some boards.

Pics are here. truck link

The links on that truck page don't all work yet.
But check out the new menu I made on the home page pretty cool huh?:cool:

See less See more
#3 ·
Hehe...oops. :cover:

That home page design kicks ass!

#4 ·
Yeah actually if you look at the pictures both the passenger side tires pulled off
the rims. I have a jack under the back cause I was changing it out so it makes it
look like the tire is still on.

Trucks are fun. I just wish I knew some people to off-road with. None of my friends
have 4x4's.

Thanks for the complimant on the design Brian. I made it all from scratch even the hand
and the flash menu.

#7 ·
Jeff: yeah they are about holy crap never really thought about it but they are from 96
they're almost 8 years old DAMN

That's too old for a mudd tire. They sat while I was in college and came off the rim from going flat.
so yeah they're pretty beat. I was just waiting for this to happen. And that picture of the ruts is
a little deceiving *sp* it looks so small but it drops down about a foot or more.
They were at about 35-39lbs (normal). I'm going to 35 in Ground Hawgs maybe 36 whatever they come in.
I want 38's but since I work on the truck out side I can't lift the truck up another 3" until next summer
so new 35/36 Ground Hawgs for now. Well Jeff it sucked jacking it up in the snow and mud you can see the jack on the boards
in that one pic on my site.

Thanks Slade it's the thought that counts do0d
sell the problem child and get a truck hehe:biggrin:

#11 ·
whooo maybe I'll have someone to 4 wheel with. (sare)

Jeff don't even bring up the quad dude!!!!:mad::cry:

#13 ·
My brother just got a quad. Hes rebuilding the engine at the moment. I hope he gets it done soon. Its fun to use in the winter!

BTW, Jeff I went to your site. Your Ranger looks nice!

And Gyger, I love the color of your truck. Yes 4wheel!! Definally!

#14 ·
Hell yeah Sare get a truck we'll go off-roading

thanks for the complimants yeah I saved up when I was in high school
and got her painted. It needs a new paint job though sitting outside for
it's whole life took a toll on the new paint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.