New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way to pick up my friend and take her to work earlier. I was in the right lane and turned around to look for a split second to see if the middle lane was clear. I looked back ahead, and a 90's Nissan Pathfinder was stopped in the road in front of me. I didn't even have time to hit the brakes, and I smashed into the back of her. I went up underneath her, which I think was my saving grace.

The damage includes: Grill, hood, right front fender, and both headlights. Somehow I didn't knock the top off the radiator, which is also a very lucky break. Unfortunatly, I can't pop the hood to check for any further damage (IMRC, UIM, or any of the other things that are on top there.

Phoenix has a law in place for these kinds of things, where the driver in back is automatically at fault. I'm not even gonna fight that, I guess I'll just take the hit on it.

Now for the really bad. Ever since I got rid of the 240SX, I have been fighting with American Family insurance. They keep sending me bills for the 240SX, even though I switched the policy over to the Cougar. They have no record that it was ever switched. So since I have been saying "I'm not paying insurance on a car I don't have.", they have cancelled my policy. I've been fighting those morons about this for weeks, but they won't do anything. So now this leaves me without insurance, and an "At fault" accident. I have no cash saved up to replace any of the parts that are damaged. Also, I'm most likely gonna have to pay for the other driver's damages, which is pretty much none.

EDITED TO INLINE PICS

The back of the Pathfinder I ran into.

Now the damage to my car.

Attachments

·
Christmas cutie
5,229 Posts
There is nothing to say other than many people saw this coming and you're an idiot. I'm glad that nobody was injured.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
agreed with ****** above... hopefully the person you hit will be a normal decent human and not milk you for other items ie: lost wages, whip lash and so forth. Your gonna have a hell of a time finding insurance now.

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NOTE TO SELF: Don't ever deal with American Family again. :banghead:

The fact I don't have insurance is not because of a "I don't give a sh!t" attitude. The people at the Agent's office keep screwing stuff up. My grandparents have had numerous problems with them not cashing checks when they're supposed to, conveniently not marking down that they made a payment, then charging a $5 surcharge because of "late payment". They did this same crap when my grandparents bought their Buick in January. It took them 4 months and repeated phone calls and visits before they finally started billing for the proper vehicle and putting the Buick onto the policy.

No matter how much I get raped on this, I'm looking at the fact that I at least still have a running car. Had that Pathfinder been 2 inches lower, I would be messed up right now in the hospital, and the Cougar would be completly totalled. The damage I have now can be fixed. It will cost a lot, but it can be fixed. I'm counting my blessings on that, because 2 inches lower, I wouldn't even have a car to drive at all.

·
Administrator
15,602 Posts
Bobby...I feel bad for you. I really do.

As much as I think you're an idiot we all know how much you love having a Cougar, and most of us know what it is like to be broke and be in a situation like you're in. I did the same thing when I was about 20...I was putting in a CD and crashed into the car ahead of me that stopped quick in the road (I did have insurance though!!). I had to pay for her car and my car, and I learned one hell of an expensive lesson. The car doesn't look that bad, but you won't be driving it until you get some new headlights and get that hood replaced, absolute minimum.

Now that I have my sympathy and condolences out of the way....

WHAT THE [censored] WERE YOU DOING DRIVING WITHOUT INSURANCE YOU STUPID SON OF A [censored]?????

:slap:

EDIT: If your grandparents had so many problems with them, they why the hell did you get YOUR insurance through them?

Bottom line...if you didn't have insurance, you shouldn't have been driving. I don't care how you get to work, how your friends get to work, or what you do for kicks. Driving that car without insurance is the absolute stupidest thing you have ever done, bar none.

I'm not bashing you for wrecking Booby...like I said, I did the same exact thing - the only wreck I've ever had - and I know how easy and quick it can happen. I'm sorry you wrecked your car, and I'm glad no one got hurt. Hopefully the Pathfinder driver doesn't sue you for everything have had, have now, and ever will have.

I know that I would.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
I'm not here to Bobby bash....but I am going to ask a few questions....

1) Have you taken any drivers education classes? - reason I ask is you seem to have alot of trouble watching what's in front of you and behind you as it wasn't more than a few weeks ago that you were backing up and "didn't see anyone there". Drivers ed teaches you to allways watch blind spots and look ahead.

2) Is it not legal to have insurance before you get plates? - here it is :)

3) If you were fighting insurance issues, and didn't have full insurance on the cougar, how were you able to talk to your insurance company about the last incident with your car...or did you?

I think you should take a little time off from driving, get a few more years of riding a bike or using public transportation, and then get back behind the wheel. During that time....you can save up for something a little cheaper to fix.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Originally posted by: wadespencer99

As much as I think you're an idiot we all know how much you love having a Cougar, and most of us know what it is like to be broke and be in a situation like you're in. I did the same thing when I was about 20...I was putting in a CD and crashed into the car ahead of me that stopped quick in the road. I had to pay for her car and my car, and I learned one hell of an expensive lesson. The car doesn't look that bad, but you won't be driving it until you get some new headlights and get that hood replaced, absolute minimum.

WHAT THE [censored] WERE YOU DOING DRIVING WITHOUT INSURANCE YOU STUPID SON OF A [censored]?????

EDIT: If your grandparents had so many problems with them, they why the hell did you get YOUR insurance through them?

Bottom line...if didn't have insurance, you should have been driving. I don't care how you get to work, how your friends get to work, or what you do for kicks. Driving that car without insurance is the absolute stupidest thing you have ever done, bar none.

and since I was just reading bobby's latest post...I completely agree with wade...

now...one thing I'll add....

how many insurance companies are in the state of arizona that you could have gone to after noticing major problems with the current one

·
Registered
719 Posts
I don't know what to believe from you anymore. :bs: From what I read above and all the other retarded posts you put, you simply couldn't afford it and took a chance. I can't believe someone that would have that many problems with a insurance carrier still stay with them.:shrug: Why not just make a switch and deal with it while you have coverage. Are you really that lame????

·
Ur one.....
6,752 Posts
Originally posted by: ND4SPD
and so begins many days of bobby bashing...

I can't believe you would even post this.

no doubt!..........no insurance = PWN3D2TEHMAX x elevendybillion:rofl:

what on earth where you thinking.......nevermind, lol.

M

·
Christmas cutie
5,229 Posts
Originally posted by: MagicHallucinations
Originally posted by: ND4SPD
and so begins many days of bobby bashing...

I can't believe you would even post this.

no doubt!..........no insurance = PWN3D2TEHMAX x elevendybillion:rofl:

M
OMG, Micah, you owe me a new keyboard! I spit my drink all over mine! :rofl: elevendybillion! *wipes tears from eyes*

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Originally posted by: wadespencer99

As much as I think you're an idiot we all know how much you love having a Cougar, and most of us know what it is like to be broke and be in a situation like you're in. I did the same thing when I was about 20...I was putting in a CD and crashed into the car ahead of me that stopped quick in the road. I had to pay for her car and my car, and I learned one hell of an expensive lesson. The car doesn't look that bad, but you won't be driving it until you get some new headlights and get that hood replaced, absolute minimum.

Bottom line...if you didn't have insurance, you shouldn't have been driving. I don't care how you get to work, how your friends get to work, or what you do for kicks. Driving that car without insurance is the absolute stupidest thing you have ever done, bar none.

I'm not bashing you for wrecking Booby...like I said, I did the same exact thing - the only wreck I've ever had - and I know how easy and quick it can happen. I'm sorry you wrecked your car, and I'm glad no one got hurt. Hopefully the Pathfinder driver doesn't sue you for everything have had, have now, and ever will have.

I know that I would.
I really have nothing to add, but I'm going to anyways.

A car is a major responsibility, one you have repeatedly shown yourself NOT capable of handling. Crying about how one insurance company "screwed you over" isn't gonna fly with anyone here, there's PLENTY of other insurance companies out there to deal with.

When I purchased my Cougar, I was on the phone three times a day with my insurance company until I received my new documentation showing the Cougar as being the insured vehicle. I threatened to switch until they finally faxed me documentation showing I was covered, despite repeated assurances from them the Cougar was the car covered and not the Taurus. And I sure as hell didn't go out buying an intake or any other crap for my car until I had EVERYTHING squared away.

As Matt said, I can't believe you posted this. What do you expect, people to feel bad for you? While I normally wouldn't flame you for just getting in to an accident, driving without insurance is 100 percent inexcusable and 100 percent YOUR FAULT. If you can't afford insurance for the car, you don't get the damn car. It is that simple.

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
Originally posted by: MagicHallucinations
Originally posted by: tnkgurl

OMG, Micah, you owe me a new keyboard! I spit my drink all over mine! :rofl: elevendybillion! *wipes tears from eyes*

it's ok Kelly, i'm covered.....i've got insurance:rofl:

M
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: That was low . . . and hilarious. I'm putting 3:1 odds on someone getting banned because of this thread an 2:1 odds on this thread getting locked within three days.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.