New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I noticed yesterday after I cleaned my car that I have a small crack in my Z3 fender. I'm not sure what caused it, but doesn't Aerogear offer lifetime warranty? Will they replace it? if not, What can I do to fix it or make it look better? I'm going to take pictures tonight. Thanks.

·
Registered
298 Posts
i dont think they will warrenty that but im not sure, i think its only if the product is messed up when u get it,um i would say sand it down if its bad and lay some fiberglass mat down adn then smooth it out wit some body filler sand more and paint other wise if its not bad either go wit some duraglass or body filler and sand

O

·
0 Posts
Can anyone upload a picture of thier Z3's with the crack? I really want to see how bad it is, I plan on getting these and I dont want to get them if the end up cracking in a few months. Thanks Dante/ Crispy!

D

·
0 Posts
yeah, i would also like to see the crack

i am considering getting these fenders but if they crack with daily driving then ill put the money elsewhere

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I guess I never read my warranty but....would Aerogear cover that (repainting and stuff)? ....I always wondered if some dickwad leaned against my car if the thing would buckle....but so far they look like new....it's pretty good quality tho even my bodyshop guy said he was impressed with the quality....even still, I would think if you kicked up a big rock you could crack it...

EDIT: looking at the pic it looks like the paint is just spidering....but it's a bad pic :(

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
It is definitely a bad picture..... But it looks like a spidering effect as I mentioned in a previous post.... this is very common with any type of fiberglass if it was not prepped good or it takes a HARD HIT.... Anyone who has seen my car this year saw a spidercrack cause of the sideskirts hitting metal...

·
6,085 Posts
James....you saw mine CRACKING (at Cougarfest)....and it's NOT the spider effect...and it's also now BOTH fenders. Originally I thought someone leaned on them.....NOPE....after the car sat in the laneway for 5 days I noticed it getting worse and worse on the passengers side. the pics above are spider cracks...mine look like they are cracking from the inside out and the paint is holdng it together.

James....any ideas on that??

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
...the cracking wasn't 'started' by one of those deer you hit back in May by any chance was it?? :)

i know your ROOF was in pretty bad shape at Cougarfest, but i didn't notice the fenders... heh.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Mine has a nice big spider crack on the side, but not physical damage all the way through. I also have some deeper cracking at the mounting screws under the hood, but that's to be expected with putting that kind of pressure on the thin fiberglass when torquing down the screws.

C

·
0 Posts
Dante where do u live couse if u lived in cali my mom know alote of people that own bodyshop and they all do a really good job

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Dante lives in Ann Arbor, MI

I love the z3 fenders, but my car gets driven 365 days a year so I don't want cracking, would a Carbon Fiber Z3 fender have the same problems. If I recall someone post a thread saying that they were go to make some CF fenders and nobody saw any good reason for them. Maybe some CF z3s wouldn't crack. I'm imagine the spidering might still be a problem, but CF might make the fender itself stronger.

James why don't you look into it. :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts