New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay...just installed the v-tec covers on my tails tonight - look very sweet. Only problem is a little "glow" around the perimeter from that one annoying little light (not either of the two convex lights, but the other one). First question - how do I go about getting to that bulb so I can remove it? I did a little looking tonight and I assume that I need to pull back the "carpet", un-do a couple of bolts and remove the bulb. Is completely taking those bulbs out a bad thing? And my last question: How in the hell do you get the little black plastic rivet-like things to go back in??? I popped one out tonight with a flathead screwdriver to avoid tearing the carpeting, but I'll be damned if I can get it to go back in... Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Do you mean those two peice clip things that hold on the hatch cover? If so, make sure the center part is pulled out, not all the way, just pull it lighty until it stops. It will only stick off the top about a cent.

Holding the four tabs together, push the whole thing through the hole, when in place, push in the center tab.

As far as the "glow", you can use a number of things to cover it. I am going to remove my covers and line the edge of the tail lights with electrical tape, then put the covers back on. That should solve the problem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Fett...definitely will take your advice. As far as pulling the covers off, is it basically done the same way as removing badging (i.e., heat and pull gently)? Also, do you have to apply new 3M to put them back on?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I assume it is that easy, the only hard part would be not bending the covers to the point where it would effect the paint. I am going to do it next week, so I will let you know how it turns out. PM me and remind me though, I have the memory of a goldfish. :)

Oh yea, the 3M tape can be found at any parts store, even Wal Mart.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts