New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I have a couple questions and I hope that I can find some answers here.

1.) Iam planning to install a turbo charger, but I can't find them anywhere. Can anyone tell me where I can find one?

2.) I would also like to change the sparks and plugs but I don't know which one is the best.

3.) Finally I want to inatall a header and a high flow cat. Once again I don't know which one is the best. In addition I would like to look for one that doesn't increse the noise of the car to an annoying point. I mean I know that no matter which hearder I install, I would increase the sound of my car. As a matter of fact, I like the sound increase to a certain extent. I had experience with some that are really really really noisy.

Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
ok ....

1. You will most likely be flamed for your board name.
2. Unless you have the I4 Cougar...forget about a turbo unless your last name is Dutweiller.
3. Plugs...Bosch Plats r nice and Taylor makes decent wires.
4. Headers...MSDS makes the best and it comes with a y-pipe...as far as a high-flow...I think Random Tech is working on that.

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
you wont be needing the headers if you are gonna install a Turbo..you will have to get a shop near you to make a custom kit, and included in that is new exhaust manifolds that the turbo attaches too.....I suppose there is a way they could use the msds headers..but it will be better to have them make custom exhaust manifolds for you......

Nikolas

G

·
Nice post Rockford.

1: Anything 'Type R' that does not come from the factory is 'Rice'. Better change your name now as most people here do not want to be associated with rice. AFAIK, only Honda and it's luxury division Acura have a Type R trim level, and deserve such a title.

2: Only superchargers for now for V6 Duratecs.

3: Only buy a double platnium plug

4: MSDS are the best header and a custom exhaust is your best bet.

Aaron

G

·
I thought the I4 could use the ford focus turbo chargers that ran $2700. As for the rest the board has it pretty much covered it. Typewhat?

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
i can custom make you a yellow turbo with custom headers and 5" exhaust... just reply here and let me know what your interested in... i have one going on my car real soon ...

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Incorrect. Honda makes a Civic Type R, and an Accord Type R (I think). Only problem is it's JDM, so you ain't gonna be seeing em here. I think the only way they wouldnt' be rice is if you either imported one, or did a JDM conversion with engine, suspension, and cosmetic mods to match.

·
T3/T4 60-1
8,015 Posts
okay guys PM me if you want to laugh......... this is getting funny

G

·
I saw a dodge colt type R the other day. I am not joking, that thing was fast, it flew right past me while I was helping this lady change her flat tire.

G

·
A Dodge Colt Type-R???
I didn't know those poor cars were still on the road, maybe the R is for RUST, or RETIRED, or RELUCTANT! I have a Cougar Type-RR ( road rage!)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks everyone for helping me out with my questions. However why is everyone making fun with my name? If no one likes it does TRDCougar, AMGCougar, CougarBlitz, CougarEvolution7, ETC. sound better to you guys?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.