New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Zex dry kit and I have a few questions.

First what kind of spark plugs would u suggest? I think i'm suppose to go 2 steps colder and avoid platnium plugs, but I want to be sure...

Second can I spray with a check Engine light on? My check engine light is on due to gutted precats and my MIL's aren't doing their jobs. I was wondering since I haven't installed the kit yet I know I am gonna want to spray it as soon as I have it installed and I won't have the CEL fixed before the kit is installed.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
Plugs... NGK tr6 (reference # 4177, sell for around $1.75-$2.00 a piece)...Copper, V-Power plug pregapped to .035", I regapped mine to a .040" for a smoother idle.

Don't spray with the CEL on. Just in case. It's not worth it to mess around with nitrous. Better to be safe then sorry. Make sure the engine is running properly and is porperly tuned before running N2O.

What else do you need to know??

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I could use a good price on a remote bottle opener...

And other then that, I just need to get that cel fixed and I should be good to go.

·
Registered
4,189 Posts
PM me, and we'll chat...

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks, I have all ready read your how-to so I think I have it figured out, if I run into any problems I'll get a hold of you.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Brandon, I've tuned nitrous on various cars for years now. I can help you our here locally. You'll be at the meet on Sat right. We can talk then...

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yep I will be at the meet with the nitrous kit in the trunk(not installed)...I would love to have some help tunning it. I still need to get the sprak plugs, and get some new MIL's so my check engine light goes off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts