New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have a 99 Cougar that i love but for some reason the cruise control doesn't work and I even checked the fuses and they are fine?? I believe! It bugs me BADLY! :), And also if someone knew by any chance my button you push under the dash to pop the hatchback doesn't work either?? Oh yeah and just in case one last thing.....the wrench light that lets you know when to service your car wont light up anymore and i keep reseting it and it doesn't turn on can you change those bulbs by any chance?? Well thanx guys I appreciate any info if ya got it.....Jake

·
Administrator
24,493 Posts
Does the hatchback button make a sound at all? Can you hear the latch pulling? If so, you may just need to pad the springs on the latch. Because what is probably happening is that the latch is releasing, but the hatch doesn't lift up when it releases, so the latch closes right back on the hatch, and locks it down again. The button only opens the latch for a second, then closes back up. The hatch is supposed to spring upwards an inch or two to clear it before it does.

The wrench light only comes on about once a year, so you're probably not waiting long enough. And every time you reset it, it starts counting again at 1, so you're putting it off for ANOTHER year.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts