New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i've got a kenwood excelon headunit. it spins around when off and to put a cd in. the led's just went off on it. they come on when i press eject and its opened up halfway, but once it closes all the way they go off again. whats the deal, help please!.....thanks

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Could be dirty contact point. A cotton q-tip and some electronic cleaning solvent or alcohol will correct the problem. The small metal points on the back of face and on unit body do get dirty and need cleaning from time to time.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, its not a detachable face. its a rotating face so it doesnt have those contact points your talking about. i guess i'll check the wiring and see if that could be the problem. its weird though, the led screen is on but its faded, and none of the button lights come on except for when its half opened.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
A good friend of mine had a Kenwood with the rotating face, and it simply stopped working one day, only to start doing what yours is doing about a week later... it was sent back to Kenwood, and one of the logic boards were replaced, due to a crack in one of the solder points.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would u by chance happen to know how much that cost him? it still works, i mean playing wise, its just the lights.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts