New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
you can use anythign on the dash :)

Some people go all out and have a professional paint shop do it - this way always looks the best.

theres the high budget do-it-yourself method... (what i did)
i actually went out and had a tin of the Rio Red Tri-Coat mixed... i picked rio red kinda 'in memory' of my old cougar that was totalled.
combined that paint with an airbrush and off i went... i coulda painted 1/4 my car Rio Red with all the paint i had... but i figured it was best to stick with just painting the dash... good **** too, since i used automotive primer, paint and clearcoat - it never chipped, scratched or peeled.

then theres the low budget do-it-yourself way... where you can just go to any pepboyz, autozone, canadian tire, and get primer, ____ color, and a clearcoat rattle cans, and paint your pieces on the lawn in an afternoon.

of course
professional paint shop way = you will be paranoid of getting your stuff scratched cause it will look so good :tongue:
high budget = a little TOO costly... i wouldn't do it again, but it did turn out great, and it lasts.
low budget = ... that old saying "you get what you pay for" comes to mind... it will work, but take your time so you dont get any drips, runs or other rattle can related problems... and the paint might scratch easily. (i would imagine)

S

·
0 Posts
I used automotive paint....dupont and painted my dash with the paint code off the body color. shot it with a gun and cooked it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ND4SPD thanks for all the info it will come in handy..i have been meaning to start on the interior for a while..but really didn't know what to use..

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
-Shot it with a gun and cooked it....he shot it out in the woods then put it in the oven then ate it.....-

-Heat helps the paint cure. So applying heat by use of oven, just be careful of time and temp.-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts