New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, im not sure if this is gonna end up being a stupid question or not, but im gonna ask it neway...to hell with me pride!

i have a 2002 Red XR coog...im about to buy a body kit within the next couple of week (tax returns are great!). i was wondering if i take it to a body shop and just get the kit painted is it gonna match well or not? should i get the whole car painted...or will just getting the pieces painted be ample? i dont know if the XR racing red is easily matched or what...when it comes to exterior stuff i dont know sh*t. thanks...and if this was a douche bag question...feel free to let me know.

holla

·
Administrator
11,562 Posts
Depends on the kit.

If it's something crazy like the Millenium, which replaces the front & rear bumpers & requires molding then it would be wise to have the car repainted because blending such a huge project would be hard. If it's something subtle like the Razzi, you could probably get away with dropping off your gas cap or spoiler for them to color match.

It's always easier for the shop if you just leave the car.

Now. For asking such a stupid question you will be banned. But I figured I'd give you the knowledge before kicking you out.

j/k :)

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Definatly agree with JScullin.

also, think about all the other parts aswell. Like if yuo are thinking about fenders, etc. It's allways better to get all of the stuff painted at once. If you are getting fenders, you may have to get the doors blended, but if your car's well taken care of...no worries.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont see why you couldnt just get it blend it, even the millenium

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
not trying to argue but blending isnt that hard to do and you would probably savea little bit of money because of less materials used

1 - 8 of 8 Posts