New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious...
I drive my coug everyday, unfortunately even this winter...but for those of you who park your cougs in the winter or don't drive them everyday, what else do you drive?? haha...just thought this would be interesting.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I drive a 98 Toyota T100 for the winter months. Much more fun then driving a lowered cougar with a bodykit, but way worse gas mileage.

edit: can't spell

·
Registered
404 Posts
84 Toyota pickup. :banana: I usually drive it in the rain as well.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I drove the Cougar through only one winter and said "no way am I putting my poor baby through that again" salt residue looks HORRIBLE on her.

daily driver: 95 Contour (sig).
Keeps the insurance premiums supah low! and boy is that a great winter car.
I pay barely $800/yr for Cougar now and under $400/yr for Contour.
and technically, when the Cougar is stored, I'm only insured for fire and theft, so they reimburse me roughly 5 months of the difference.
That's about an additional $200-300 savings.
mo mod money, mo mod money
;)

C

·
0 Posts
At this point I don't have much choice. I drive mine year-round,
250 mile a week just to work, not including pleasure miles.

And those include Maine winter miles mind you:(

(Maine...9 months of winter and 3 months of real bad skiing)

This is why my 2000 is coming up on 70K already.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Drive in all seasons...last winter I needed new front and rear bumpers. I'll guess I'll find out in a few months what I need from this winter :rolleyes:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah I also have to drive my car year round thru Maine winters, its a b*tch but..I'm only a college freshman so, not much choice, haha... my cougar is lookin pretty sweet and i drive about 35 mph on the backroads wherever I go so rocks and **** dont fly up at it, haha i feel like a grandpa...but i let her loose on main street, let the muffler roar...

·
is a pop sensation
13,668 Posts
I used to drive mine year round. I now have a '95 Mark VIII that I drive to and from work and in the winter.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I have a heavily rusted 90 toyota corolla with 200k miles that is my daily driver. Its going to be cold this winter as I have a 4"x4" hole rusted through the drivers door. That thing is just screaming to be sent to the junk yard. The only thing that actually works in the car are the engine, and the headlights. First gear and reverse are on their way out and when they wont engage anymore the car goes away.. and time to look for another driver.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sonza68 - that's a pretty sweet Mark VIII - I'd drive that

jaged - I just bought my cougar from a ford dealership with 50 grand even on it, Maine winters are rough, last week it snowed 5 inches, its mostly melted now though. now salty ****'s all over our roads, god i need a truck for the winters! how are indiana winters for drivin?

Mtang4life - sounds like a sweet daily driver haha, i just sold my 92 grand prix before i bought my cougar, it had smal rust spots, nothing that bad though haha

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
i drive mine year round. It's just a car. It can be fixed, it can be washed.

I do have an '82 Jeep Grand Wagoneer since Des Moines dosen't think it's nessisary to plow untill a day after a storm. It's good for plowing through snow drifts and hauling larger objects. It's for sale though since it's more of a burden to keep it maintained and licensed and insured

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
:cool: Isn't it nice to live in FL :cool: I drive my Cougar everyday of the year :biggrin:

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah I was born down in wintergarden, fl. ...moved here at age of 2 so i didnt get much driving time in when i was down there :( ...let's not brag though haha ...must be nice

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I thought some people in here must own like pimped out supra's, eclipse's...compacts at all? Or is everyone in here anti-import? I appreciate a good honda every once and a while haha...

M

·
0 Posts
Cougar weekdays, S4 on weekends, as babyseat fits easy in the four door.
Both cars equiped with winter tires......;)

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Dude I drive the 91 Prizm all year round.
How can I resist.

I don't really drive my Cougar much
weekends and to shows.
I wanna drive it but the roads around us are sh!t.
We are moving soon though YAY!

·
Registered
335 Posts
Originally posted by: sonza68
I used to drive mine year round. I now have a '95 Mark VIII that I drive to and from work and in the winter.
I love the Mark VIII's, I almost bought one before my Cougar. I'd still love to pick one up someday and re-do it, sweet rides!

1 - 20 of 58 Posts