New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when are we going to need the money for registration? (how much)
when are we going to need the money for hotel reservations? (how much)

maybe its too early i dont know. im just really anxious, im a newbie when it comes to cougarfest.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
You need to relax on the prices, dude :biggrin: As they said in every other thread where price is mentioned, I'm sure they are working as fast as they can to be able to get a good idea on what the prices will be. Maybe they are waiting for this raffle to finish up :)

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
If i had to set a deadline for the online registration for CougarFest and the reservation process for the rooms, i'd say March 1st. Why two months from now until then? Well, the costs for registration and track fees have to be finalized, and then the registration form has to be coded. Also, we have to determine the process for booking rooms. When all this is updated to CougarFest.com everybody will be directed there. :)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Hi! I'm a newbie as well. I mean, well a newbie to NECO, i've owned a cougar since the new models first came out. Anyway, this will be my first time acctually making it to cougarfest, and of the million-and-one questions I have, which I am sure i can figure out on my own, the one question I do have is this:

By going to cougarfest, do I have to enter my car in the various shows and autocross?

this year I just want to go and see what it's all about. if i don't have to enter my car into any events, is there a parkinglot where other people like myself can park and juss walk around or how would that work?

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Paying for registration will get you the CougarFest T-Shirt, whatever goody-bag type stuff we have to give out, food at the event, and a parking spot in the show. You may not be interested in actually showing your car, but all the Cougars will be parked together so you may as well pop your hood and be part of it as well.

As for the AutoCross and Drag Strip, those events will be paid for seperately, so if you don't want to be involved with them you don't have to. However you can always volunteer to help with the AutoCross if you don't want to participate directly in either track event. That way you can still be with everybody else.

If you have any more questions you can always PM or IM me.

·
462 Posts
You don't have to do anything that you don't want to do at Cougarfest. It's suppose to be fun, not a chore. :biggrin:
There is an unofficial show where everyone is parked together, but even then it's more of a chance to meet everybody and have a good time. :)

·
Registered
434 Posts
lol, i didn't mean to make it sound as though it was a chore for me, i'm slightly embarrassed that I don't have more done to my car then jsut intake and exhaust...my bad :tongue:

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by: CougarRacinChic
lol, i didn't mean to make it sound as though it was a chore for me, i'm slightly embarrassed that I don't have more done to my car then jsut intake and exhaust...my bad :tongue:
whats wrong with just an intake and an exhaust :stupid:

·
462 Posts
Originally posted by: IH8CIVX
Originally posted by: CougarRacinChic
whats wrong with just an intake and an exhaust :stupid:
Seriously... I don't even have the exhaust. :biggrin:

·
Registered
167 Posts
if yer cougar looks anything like mine I'd be embarrassed to park next to some of the fine coogs seen on this site.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Originally posted by: needforspeed
if yer cougar looks anything like mine I'd be embarrassed to park next to some of the fine coogs seen on this site.
but you love YOUR cougar right?
you have nothing to be embarrassed about.
Just because you don't sink thousands into your car doesn't mean it's any less of a Cougar.
and that's what 'fest is all about - getting together with a bunch of other people that love their ride just as much as you love yours.
No one's competing against anyone else (even if one of the events includes a stinkin car show with trophies). It means nothing as long as you enjoy your car and the time you've put into it.
If anyone gives you crap about your car in comparison to their own, let me know and I'll personally give them a talking to.
Cougarfest definitely shouldn't be about attitudes and egos...

·
Registered
434 Posts
what's embarassing about it is the fact that I don't have more done to it then what I would like...but that only comes with time...(and a big win with my lawsuit from the Hickory PD :tongue: - gotta love police harrassment )

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Heck yeah I think STOCK will be in this year...I know my car is going from decently modded to stock...and I will still be at cougarfest...so far I only made it to HCKC last year and it was awesome...been wanting to go to a CF for the last couple years now, but have yet to be able to make it. Now it's practically in my back yard so I'm gonna make the best of it even if all I have done is nothing!!!Plus I'm gonna see all my parts spread out on other peoples cars so it is kinda like having part of all the modded cars...

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Even if your bone stock you wont feel out of place and theres no reason to feel embarassed to park next to anyone on here. My car was pretty much stock at fest and i received a lot of compliments on my painted headlights and nightshaded tails. When people know pretty much every little thing that can be done to the car (sidemarkers, reflector removal, etc) then the little things never go unnoticed. And if your not standing next to it all day no one will know its your car anyway ;)

·
NECO Triathlete
969 Posts
Originally posted by: frenchblueC2

......Cougarfest definitely shouldn't be about attitudes and egos...
Amen to that!

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
You'd be surprised how many cougars will show up that just have an intake and exhaust.. you won't stick out at all..

·
Registered
167 Posts
well I must say i do have the posibility of being original how many cougars do you know that has a busted right headlight, a custom electric motorcycle imprint on the front left side of the bumper , partially primered passenger door and some green pinstripeing from a pole my wife hit . :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
Well, at CF2K2 there was one car that was completely primered without paint, and another that had a smashed rear bumper. :)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Ill be the one with the 2 toned car :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
haha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts