Discussion Starter #2
Video!

First pair of runs I was alongside a Honda CRX
Second pair, a Mazdaspeed 6
Third, a B-Modified, GSXR-engined beast
Fourth, alone
Fifth, Subaru WRX
Sixth, that Mazdaspeed 6 again.

A red-light or DNF in competition was an automatic elimination. Luckily I only did that against the BMod, which had me beat by a mile anyway, and in the Bye run, where it didn't count. Then I got too far inside my own head and red-lighted in the finals, much to my disappointment. I think I had a chance against that Mazda, and could have trophied.

Sad thing - the lights were not connected to timing and scoring - they were strictly for show. So there was NO EXCUSE ON EARTH to red-light on this circuit. Oh, well.

·
8,492 Posts
B3NN3TT, I'm not seeing a video. :(

Finally got my pictures posted here! The actual CougarFest pictures are near the bottom of the page - the others are from the autocross event.

·
Administrator
24,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Finally got my pictures posted here! The actual CougarFest pictures are near the bottom of the page - the others are from the autocross event.
Strange; the video displays fine for me in Chrome, and in Incognito mode, but doesn't appear in Safari, or on my phone in Tapatalk.

Here's a raw link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-6Mz6_A_OU

Photos are awesome, RJ!

·
8,492 Posts
I want to say I've looked at it in Chrome and Firefox, and it didn't show in either one. Anyway, great video.

·
Administrator
24,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, good to know! I'll post a raw link alongside the embed in the future, just to cover all the bases.

If you don't mind, I want to share the photos of the Roush on Facebook...

·
8,492 Posts
OK, good to know! I'll post a raw link alongside the embed in the future, just to cover all the bases.

If you don't mind, I want to share the photos of the Roush on Facebook...
No problem.

rj, any reason its a PITA to save an image from youre site?
Yeah, it's a side effect of the javascript "lightbox" script. Makes it look nice, but it also takes over the right-click. Sometimes the easiest thing to do is to go to the source of the page and pull the link from there. Or just let me know what pictures you want and I can upload a full resolution copy (even the "larger" pictures on the website are scaled down) and send you a link.

·
8,492 Posts

Somehow I remembered I never added the pictures I took with my phone, at the go-kart track. I just added them to the link above (first ~10 pictures).

·
8,492 Posts
I didn't keep any of the videos I took at the Go-Kart track...they were REALLY boring. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
a lot of the people that normally come had weddings, new kids and other things happen on that weekend
Okay. sorry about that. I was interested in making the drive up one of these years, but from looking at Skater's pictures, I wasn't sure how big an event it was.

·
8,492 Posts
LOL, those karts were the worst :rofl:
Last night, someone was telling me about being at a NASCAR race and getting pelted with bits of rubber from the tires (they were sitting in a corner). I had a flashback to these karts. :rofl: And getting pulled off the course because I had a flat tire...and not even knowing it. :rofl:

Okay. sorry about that. I was interested in making the drive up one of these years, but from looking at Skater's pictures, I wasn't sure how big an event it was.
It used to be lot larger (50-60 cars), but now 10-15 cars seems to be the norm. It's a long dead platform, so it's actually kind of surprising we can still do it every year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts