New Cougar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Administrator
15,513 Posts
I have a good idea of a Pittsburgh, PA proposal, I mainly need to call a few hotels and drive by a few to make sure they have room for parking lot shenanigans.

Are we going to do an official proposal thread like prior years?
If it's helpful, I've probably stayed at 95% of the downtown/northshore/southside hotels and I don't think any have parking lots big enough for what we'd need (even as small as CF is now). I'm thinking out by the airport, maybe? Or the Waterfront?

·
Registered
677 Posts
If it's helpful, I've probably stayed at 95% of the downtown/northshore/southside hotels and I don't think any have parking lots big enough for what we'd need (even as small as CF is now). I'm thinking out by the airport, maybe? Or the Waterfront?
I was thinking Wexford/Cranberry area. Not only is that easily accessible from the PA Turnpike and I-79, it is also away from the city congestion. There would be two options for autocross on Sunday, either in North Park, or at BeaverRun depending on which weekend is chosen.

Again, the only thing I haven't really done too much research on is the hotel options in that area. There are a lot, I just need to take a drive up there in the next couple days and talk to some managers.

·
Administrator
15,513 Posts
In that case North Park would probably be a great location for the show/picnic. Beautiful roads up in that area for the rally, too.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I like it Frank. That is not far from where I was born in Beaver (pun not intended). A stop at the Hot Dog Shoppe is a must.

Reactions: 00YellowCougarSE

·
See you at CF 2019!
407 Posts
Re: Cougarfest 2017 in Florida

Florida ONLY if we're changing the dates of CougarFest to May or December!!

And only if we don't have it in Orlando. Yes, they have lots of attractions. However, the only accident my 99 white coug has ever been in was in Orlando... during tourist season.

If anyone wants a May or December CougarFest, I will definitely investigate locations and submit a proposal ;).

·
8,544 Posts
I'm still open to doing a DC area Fest if people are interested. We could have the meal on the deck at our new house. :) We also have a large garage now so we could be working on three or four Cougars at once.

Reactions: wadespencer99

·
Registered
677 Posts
I'll try to have a rough Pittsburgh, PA proposal together in the next week or so!

Thanks

·
Administrator
24,494 Posts
You rule, Frank.

Honestly, I move that we just dispense with the proposal step, and DO Pittsburgh. If Frank's willing to do the leg-work, let's just go with it.

Nobody else is going to submit a proposal anyway.

·
8,544 Posts
I'm up for a Pittsburgh Fest!

·
Registered
677 Posts
You rule, Frank.

Honestly, I move that we just dispense with the proposal step, and DO Pittsburgh. If Frank's willing to do the leg-work, let's just go with it.

Nobody else is going to submit a proposal anyway.
Haha, I appreciate the kind words Andy.

I can assure everyone, that a Pittsburgh Cougarfest will definitely be able to contain items that we all like to do:
-Autocross
-Drag Racing may also be an option
-Road Rally
-Car show in North Park (shoutout to Wade even though I was thinking this too!)
-North Hills of Pittsburgh has a lot to offer, malls, restaurants, and such. There are certain areas that can have a lot of traffic around rush hour, but I will do my best to avoid that. There is also a church that has a car show every Friday, and they get over 1,000 cars. They have food vendors that are excellent and a DJ. That would be fun to all go there on Friday.

I know I'll be reaching out to Andy, Jason, and a few others that have planned Fest in the past for ideas, thoughts, but I'll make sure not to let everyone down!

Reactions: StuartGrant

·
Administrator
11,556 Posts
North Conway, NH.

Pros:
The Kancamagus and Hurricane Mt. Road
Good chance it's not 95° and humid during Summer. At night.
Excellent craft beers
Excellent restaurants that aren't chains
There's a racetrack somewhere up there

Cons:
Some of you may need to drive more than 4hrs

·
Registered
677 Posts
Started checking out some hotels last night. I'll try to get at least two options with a lower and medium price option and then at least see how everyone is feeling. The guy at the Hyatt said that he'd love to see the cars, although I worry they might be priced too high.

·
8,544 Posts
Some of you may need to drive more than 4hrs
This got me wondering, so I looked it up: I've driven more than 4 hours for 8 of the 12 Fests I've attended. The Harrisburg area Fests are the only ones that have been less. Pittsburgh would be about four hours for me.

·
Administrator
24,494 Posts
I think Harrisburg was the farthest for me out of 13 CougarFests. About 6 hours. Pigeon Forge or Va Beach would have been further, but that was before my time, LOL.

·
So its begun.....
16,838 Posts
21 - 40 of 90 Posts