New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dunno if that have happen to someone else but when i floor the gas it happen sometimes more often lately when i release gas it take a while for the throtle to slow down when i shift at 5000 sometimes it hang over 4000 for 2 or 3 sec ne1 got that prob before and any way to fix it ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You are experiencing the ever dreaded TH or "Throttle Hang" It is an easy fix that can be done for less than $1.00. Usuallly occurs in the RPM's that you are stating, but nonetheless sounds like it is hanging.

Go to Lowe's or Home Depot and buy about 5(qty) 1/2 inch copper pipe caps and a hose clamp. Drill various size holes in the cap till you find one that works for you. the optimum hole size in the plug seems to be 3/16" or 7/32.

HTH

Ray McNairy's TH Fix on CEG....
NECO TH Fix

Both of these will help....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
u think doing the hang fix i'll get other prob i see some guys here in forum got others prob and losing HP making this fix ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At the risk of sounding stupid....
How does this fix the throttle hang? I understand the images and it seems like a simple fix, I just don't understand what the relation is with the throttle hang and the air bypass hose.

Reason I ask is just cuz I'm not familiar, and I'd like to learn

Been like this scince I was this high.... well, y'know!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.