New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Totally Stupid I was winning by almost 3 cars length but then once I reach 180km/h and it's done I GOT SMOKED. The saab kept Going And Going .......

QUESTION: What Can We do to Get rid of the Damn Thing???

·
Buyer Beware
6,575 Posts
Those Saab Turbo's where nearly 30k new. And they are turbo. Granted they have piss ugly dashboards. But hehe turbos are fun...you need turbo.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Just out of curiosity... How fast would you have raced up to? IMO there is no reason to go that fast. You are going to kill yourself or someone else. Its fun to race, but be smart about it. Race to see who's car is faster - and then let it go. No reason to continue to race up to over 130MPH.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Not to mention that it's harder to see with it being so dark.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Originally posted by: starshower
note she said KM's, not MPH
180 kmh is between 110-115 mph. That's still a dangerous speed when racing at midnight...

S

·
0 Posts
i'm not questioning the fact that speed kills. just pointing it out cause 180 mph is way faster than 180 kph, didn't want anyone coming down on her unnecessarily hard as a result. gotta stick up for my fellow ontarians :biggrin:

R

·
0 Posts
cougars and contours cannot go 180mph!

unless they are insanely modded...

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
Put them on a really big hill and i'm sure you could get them to go that fast.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
LOL!!!!! You guys crack me up.

Yea just drop the cougar off the side of a mountain, should hit about 180 before it finally hits the bottom :rofl:

I've been stupid a couple of times but haven't done it in a while now and don't plan on doing it again either. I've toped my TA out once on a long straight away (newly constucted interstate so traffic wasn't really there in broad daylight hehe. Went up to 162 where the speed governor took over. And road in my brothers vette hitting 178 where his govern kicked in.

That one was scray as he was running from the blues :rofl: and got away ofcourse or I wouldn't be here hehe.

But **knocking on wood** I've never had a speeding ticket and hopefully never will. Plus I've calmed down ALOT on the street since being married with kids. I save everything now pretty much for the track so to speak.

But hitting those speeds are scary in my opinion. Too many "what if's" can occur and can be fatal :(

Good run though.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
They asked a question you know, and it wasn't 'hey can you please flame me?'

Kami, you are hitting your speed limiter. You need to get a sport chip to remove it. The Cougars without sport packages were limited to 113 (not really115) because the stock firestone tires that came on the 15" rims were only rated to 115.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts