New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was taking the Cougar out for it's weekly drive.
I stop at the movie place to get a DVD for my wife an I.
As I pull out of the parking lot I notice some headlights and
some unusual fog lights coming up behind me fast. It gts over to the
left lane and we hit a light. I look over and it's a white car with these
deep fog light holes in the front of the bumper area. I knew it was a pontiac or something
firebird or something like that. Anyway I wa checking it out and the passenger
and driver were just ignoring me or maybe they couldn't see through my tint.
Anyway it was a 25th or 35th edition white with white rims and blue
highlights. Looked nice I turned my radio down and I could hear this rumble. Sounded great.
The light turns green, I didn't want to just take off all fast and be "that guy"
so I just went normally. He nailed it and jumped like a bus length on me.
I take my time and catch up we are about even at 45mph I down shift to 3rd and get on it
he follows I expected an ass handing. But he didn't even bother down shifting so we stayed
even for a bit then he walked past me as his RPM's went higher. I kept on her even though he
was walking by pretty quick. It was funny cause as he went to shift he missed gear and I flew by.
Then I slowed down. Then he proceeded to blast by me at about 70 in a 40. :ugh:
But whatever.
I would've liked to atleast try from a start even though it'd be a lost cause.
I did get a good laugh though when he missed his gear. Sounded bad not like a grinding but like
metal slapping.
It looked like this but alot bigger.:biggrin:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Man I hate losing cause of a missed shift. At least in this case it worked out for you :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man I hate losing cause of a missed shift. At least in this case it worked out for you .
yeah I didn't consider this a win by a long shot.
I know I'd loose to that car.
No if we were at the track and he missed a shift...... hmmm he'd probably still beat me.:)
Anyway it was fun and I'll be more prepared for this type of a car by next race season.:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
That looks to me like a Pontiac Trans Am WS6, which is a very, very, very fast car.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
:)

Actually that's a 1999 30th Anniversary Trans Am WS6 :) What I actually wanted to get but I couldn't fine one :( so settled with the standard 99 TA.

Very nice car :thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts