New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay . . . I just took off my lettering and they came off in two seconds, too easy . . . When they came off I rubbed some 'goo gone' over the areas, used some rubbing compound, then carnuba wax . . . It came out as smooth as glass, but I CAN STILL SEE cougar v6 from every angle. . . of course it isnt as noticeable as having the chrome lettering . . . in fact it looks pretty cool that you see it faded in the paint . . . what I am guessing is that parking it outside everyday in the SOCAL sun will do wonders with the paint and make it fade in some places . . . so I think that where the lettering was is actually a different color paint now . . . I dont think there is anything I can do . . . does some one want to help me out . . . ?

-Josh :shrug:

·
El Mucho Post Whoro
12,140 Posts
Claybar the area to see if you can get rid of some of the leftover stuff, but if it's been on there for a while and your paint is slightly faded, you will never be able to rid yourself of it completely.

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
I noticed the same thing when I first took mine off. After you wash and wax the car a couple times you won't see it anymore.

Mike

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah hey thanks for all the tips . . . just today I found some more of the residue left from the tape and i scratched it off with m finger nail . . . that took off the residue and some of the fading . . . hahaha. . . maybe i will figure nail the whole thing! :banghead:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts