New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so last night i am driving around aimlessly and decide i am gonna go to one of the local sports bars. well on the way there, i pull up to a red light, a red supra with exhaust (the only visible mod) pulls up in the far left lane and i was in the far right lane, then a riced out civic with altezzas, neons, vinyls the whole 9 except for rims...pulls up in the middle. the guys in the supra look over at me and ask if i wanna run, i tell them that they will crush me but i will definitely run the civic, then the guy goes "you gotta remember this isn't the turbo version". as if to boost my confidence. so i tell him yea and my car is an auto it will be nasty. he goes "this is an automatic too" and we all laughed about that. then the civic chimed in by revving up his engine as loud as he could. so the light turns green and we all go for it. the supra takes off burning up the tires and then chirps them as he shifted into 2nd, i was about a car length or two behind him just from the start. and the poor little civic was waaaay behind in third place. not too exciting but the civic definitely felt sheepish after that run, i never really realized just how slow they are. seeing as how my previous car was an accord.

N

·
0 Posts
ive noticed that 8 out of 10 civics around here are worthless. I mean they have the typical AutoZone/Pepboys intake and welded on muffler tip. They ride around acting all big and bad, but when it comes down to running, they wont. Hell I even heard the other night that this kid with a 95 civic hatch with no engine swap ,etc said he beat my car about two weeks ago. Funny thing is, I remembered that car and told him I wasnt even trying to race and asked if he wanted to run now for a little cash. He just turned around and said my car was a piece. heh

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
well supra automatic trany with beat a manual trany in a drag race

·
Banned
4,854 Posts
Originally posted by: DgnZCoug
ive noticed that 8 out of 10 civics around here are worthless. I mean they have the typical AutoZone/Pepboys intake and welded on muffler tip. They ride around acting all big and bad, but when it comes down to running, they wont. Hell I even heard the other night that this kid with a 95 civic hatch with no engine swap ,etc said he beat my car about two weeks ago. Funny thing is, I remembered that car and told him I wasnt even trying to race and asked if he wanted to run now for a little cash. He just turned around and said my car was a piece. heh
I've had people pull that crap with me too. They're just jealous they dont have a decent car

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
this was the first civic that has actually raced me, most of them slow down so much that they wont even get next to me. it is pathetic, when i had my accord i would race anyone and everyone just for the heck of it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
heres a story of a civic that pulled next to me sometime a go.

posed.........03/14/2002 5:35:03 PM

I was driving down the road when on the intersection civic pulls up on my left to take a turn both 16yrs old punks are looking at my car and laughing ,he starts reving his engine with this ugly farting tip hanging to the ground and an Intake. So i asked him if he wants to race he said no b/c there is only one lane in front of me(enough space to fit two trucks. The light turns green and there i go with my engine and YoDude screaming . He turns left and parks in front of the store. I drove for about half mile and said no no no no I have to smoke that pice of fried rice, so i turned around I puled in front of him on the parking lot and asked him if he wants to run it? But this time they weren't laughing but looking at my car with some respect. He said hmmy I don't know I'm little scared of that thing ,I guess he was talking about my exhaust and the way it sounds. It was a 2000 civic with clear lights all around and a lot of stickers like Eibach spring while his suspension was stock! don't rev your engine unless you want to prove something, he couldn't prove ****!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts