New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First i want to say that after weeks of cooling off now i am going to write this to spare anyone the missery of what i went through.

To start with i want to say im only going to put up half of the whole event due to its unbelievingly road of twists and turns.

had the worst time getting parts from Cougar Parts Online / Custom Cougars.com. When i first orderd the kit i was told it was in stock but they needed a business addy to ship it too.. so i get that to them thinking since they said it was in stock it would ship relativly fast. BOY WAS I WRONG . Every time i would call people would tell me .. "oh ya.. your parts shipped out yesterday". then the following week .. "oh. ya man im sorry, your parts didnt ship out cause of blah blah blah.. they are definately gonna ship tomorrow." after weeks and weeks and endless weeks of calling and getting the same BS .. i finnally spoke to James again and he says and i quote "im sorry about all the problems with your order, i got 3 of the kits in. i wanted to call you to make sure it was ok with you but if you want i can send you one of these." i said look im so fed up with this this is the last chance or i want my money back im tired of playing phone tag for a tracking #. so he calls me back later in the day and says "im sorry i couldnt ship your kit today, the freight company cant do a pickup today, but "I" have packed your kit myself and will personally make sure it goes out tomorrow, then i will personally call you with your tracking number tomorrow, when i see the kit has shipped" that being said i figured he had packed it himself and was gonna make my kit appear where it had supposed to 6 weeks earlier. but low and behold no phone call yet again from him. (this is the weekend he closed his shop to go to HIN) the following week i placed yet another phone call to him and he said "your kit did ship by Yellow Freight, should be there tomorrow tracking number so and so" .. haha so i figure WTH lets just check the number and see if there really is a package. yup package shipped. the next day (tuesday) the kit was in my city but a call to yellow revealed my kit was still on a truck . with slight persuation i got the dock super to get that truck unloaded and my kit picked from the contents. drove to Yellow and what do i find out .. um there is a balance due for shipping. im like WTF is that all about . i paid 150 bucks already for shipping. he said well you can call the shipper and get them to change the PO i can go ahead and let ya have it.. so i call the number on the original PO and get yet a different company saying no we never pay for shipping. you will have to pay it to pick up your kit. . so as a fool i go ahead and pay the shipping and get my kit . (thinking if i return the kit i will probably never see any kit or any of my money for it again) . and to beat all . the kit i recieved JAMES never even laid eyes on it but yet "i packed it myself" was the words he used when spoke to him.

all in all it was the most wretched purchase i have ever, ever, ever had to date. and i will never order anything from that company again.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Originally posted by: Xeks

all in all it was the most wretched purchase i have ever, ever, ever had to date. and i will never order anything from that company again.
You're going to have a hell of a time finding parts affordably elsewhere then. Bodykits are going to be a pain in the ass no matter where you get them from. I'm sorry to hear about your misfortunes but for every one miserable customer James has a million happy ones, including myself.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
look its not only about how long it took to get my parts i ordered.. its also about all the LIES i was told about my stuff being shipped . and the big one about 'I hand packed it myself and will make sure it ships tomorrow,then call you with the tracking number" he never even touched the kit i have in my possesion . unless he was standing in New York when it shipped.

and dont gimme that crap about being cheapest. he was not the cheapest by any means . the ONLY reason i ordered through Cougar Parts Online is because he is so highly spoken of on these boards. i mean i can live with the delay in shipping . but dont lie to me about when it went out or whether it even shipped at all, thats just a way to get me off his back till he decides to get off his butt and actually do somthing about my MIA parts.

he kept telling me a tracking number is the hardest thing to get on these orders.. but EVERY major shipper leaves the tracking number on the copy of the PO (which goes to the shipper) when they pick up a package. so i mean is it really that hard to get that tracking number off his own paperwork? well probably because the part never ever came anywhere near him at any given point in time. because it seems he gets in the your orders.. then he places orders through his distributors to get parts. so he has no idea on gods green earth where in creation any of the parts are physically at. or even if they are even in stock.

·
Banned
3,229 Posts
You also have to remember yellow feight is a theft. They had me pay to ship to a buyer. The buyer got it and 6 weeks later they call me and say I owe for shipping. I told them I payed the price they wanted and refused to pay more. They stopped calling once a lawyer was mentioned.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
heh . ya . but this time yellow wasnt the issue on this occasion. they got the part from new york, to south carolina in one and a half days. the shipping was half what Cougar Parts Online charges to ship the kit. 83 dollars is what Yellow charged me, James only refunded 100 of the 150 i paid him to ship the kit. guess he dont mind rippin people either.

·
Registered
4,409 Posts
Wow what a post.... lets see what all your problems are and see what I can do to resolve them.....

Problems:
# 1 - Backordered Drift Kit
# 2 - Tracking Number delay
# 3 - Told the kit was packaged by me
# 4 - Freight Charges

Resolutions...

Drift Kit backorders are on going. Notice how even the ebay guys who used to post 7-8 kits at a time have stopped? Reason is simple, HUGE Shortage on the kits. If there is no kits, we cannot ship. This is the main reason for the delay in getting you a tracking number. When my company runs out of stock on an item, in this case a drift kit from CA, I decide to drop ship the item directly from a warehouse to you. This total time frame is usually 5 days. If you want me to touch it instead, I have to wait for my shipment to arrive from CA (5 days) then unpack and repack and reship to you in SC (2 days). So in this case, I intercepted my shipment and had the item drop shipped from another warehouse to get it to you quickier than if it would of came to me first. Your third problem was that you were told it was packaged by myself. On the day of you call, I did have 3 kits instock. We could not get a freight pick up until 2 days later due to our location and the time of day. So instead of bombarding you with reasons, I produced results and got you a drift kit delivered before my pickup would of even happened. I am sorry but I will not call a customer simply to say, I didn't pack the item myself but you are still going to get the item in the indicated time frame.... Do you think I should? if so WHY?
Final problem is of freight charges.... Obviously freight charges vary from region to region. You are stating you paid $150 at the time of order. Chances are that is correct, if it was being shipped to a residence. In your post, you mentioned you picked the item up at the terminal. This results in a reduction in costs, a reduction that I was not made aware of until now. Please e-mail me your order # and I can personally see to it that you get your money back, if owed, on any shipping charges. Cougar Parts Online is not an Ebay Company. Profits to the company are made off the products, not the shipping. If you have any further questions/problems/concerns, please feel free to let us know. At this time I show you have the kit delivered and pending review, in need of a credit on shipping which I can gladly do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts