New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For cougar owners looking into getting Racing Hart CP-035 but don't want to spend alot for them. Konig just came out with it's Subzero wheels. They're exactly the same, if not identical, to the RH CP-035 but they weight even less (17" is only 16.6lbs). I'm not sure if it's available for our bolt pattern and offset but it might be possible to get them drilled. Oh, they only cost $245 for the 17" compared to $400+ for the Racing Harts. Just an FYI.

·
Registered
29 Posts
16.6 lbs per wheel. I thought that the CP-035's weighed 7 lbs per wheel. If so, that isn't the same by far....I love those wheels tho. Saw a set on the new Cusco Impreza STi. Bad things man, bad things....

G

·
Racing Hart CP-035 - 15X6 - 7.9 (Racing Hart 'Official')
Racing Hart CP-035 - 15X6.5 - 8.6
Racing Hart CP-035 - 15X7 - 9.35
Racing Hart CP-035 - 16X7 - 10.8
Racing Hart CP-035 - 16X7.5 - 11.2
Racing Hart CP-035 - 16X8 - 11.5
Racing Hart CP-035 - 17X7.5 - 13.0
Racing Hart CP-035 - 17X8 - 13.6
Racing Hart CP-035 - 17X8.5 - 14.4
Racing Hart CP-035 - 17X9 - 15.0

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, so they're lighter than the Racing Harts but for more than half the price as the CP-035s, they're a good deal! Gives me something else to fall back on in case I don't go with the OZ Leggeras when I decide to get aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Those weights are for forged versions. Here is one site with some specs and prices. There are even a couple sizes of CP-035's that are cast (or maybe semi-forged), that are more along the price line of the CP-10 and other one-piece RH Evolution wheels.

Any word on whether the Subzeros come in our bolt pattern, or what the construction method is? I like the style, but just looking at it, I swear they would break under stress if not built to some really strict standards. Just my opinion tho

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I might piss off the Konig nation on the board but what I heard is that Konig are more for show than strength. That's why I'm still going with OZ. I'm not sure about the subzero if they are also identical in build quality to the RH's but accdg. to tires.com, I think they come in 4 bolt patterns with 100-114 offsets. I'm no mechanic (I'm actually a Network Engineer) but I think that'll fit our cars. I could be wrong.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I have to agree. Not that there is anything wrong with Konigs at all, but for someone who does a lot of hard cornering in general, or auto-x's, I wouldn't trust a really lightweight wheel unless it's made by OZ, BBS, Volk, or others with a proven track record. Imagine all the legal crap you would have to go through to get reimbursed for a busted wheel, because if the wheel breaks, that won't be the only thing. Even if you manage not to wreck, that whole corner of the car is probably screwed.

Do I worry too much, I dunno. I hardly ever hear of people breaking their wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.