New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was driving one of my friends home today, and I had a strange loss of power. I was like wtf?? the car just didn't go. I then started to get a bucking and was like.....crap. We turned on his street and the car stalled. I got it started then stalled again. We managed to get it to roll into his driveway. We popped the hood and SMOKE!! Also large puddles of gasoline. After the smoke cleared and the car cooled off we took off the UIM only to see fuel spewing wildly out of one of my injectors while it was on. Bad fuel injector 0-ring we though, so we went out to get new ones (very difficult task here in cincy) After about an hour we get back and pull the faulty injector.....well on the top of the injector above the ring is cracked. (see picture) So the rings were fine afterall......I now need to buy a new injector so I can get it out of my friends driveway :mad:

How much can I expect to pay for one from ford?
Should I look for an aftermarket one?

*Edit: The pic is of one of my 19 injectors, not the faulty one. Yea I'm pissed I couldnt drive my car home to night, but I'm glad I didn't have to have the fire department haul it away on the back of a truck......so I guess that's good

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
not to be an ass... but how is that an 19 lb/hr injector...

My 19 lb/hr injectors are bright green.

I think street value is like $35-45 a pop.. thats just a guess.

Tony

·
Administrator
24,497 Posts
:rofl:

...street value...

:rofl:

edit: BTW, Tony - Johnny's car is an early 99 return-style Duratec. Could be that they used different injectors, I dunno...

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
um, I dunno. I don't use those injectors obviously. They came from my 97 Taurus Manifolds. They are return. They might not be 19's I'm just assuming they are because of the vehicle they came off. I thought it was weird myself :shrug:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok....new injector in and still leaking fuel, but not near as bad. Just minor amounts of smoke this time.....I'm heading back out now to try to fix it.....again, Maybe it's my o-rings

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, so I finally figured out what my problem was.......my fuel rail was bent......weird. I got it all bolted back together now and tested the pressure several times, and think I found my problem. I also found a O-ring which was bad, and now have a pic of the injector. Take a look see.

Damn injector....

Damn O-ring.......

Attachments

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Damn! Youre really lucky to still have a freaking car! Gas burning on/around your car but not inside the engine is bad! Lucky you didnt start a bad fire! Good luck.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I took a rather spirited drive, and believe it or not, the car runs much better with full fuel pressure. Who'd a though. I took a look under my UIM and it appears to be bone dry. I didn't take it all the way off b/c I'm tired of doing that right now, but I think I'm ok. Under the hood still smells bad though, sorta like scorched fuel, and the Cabin smells a little like raw fuel. I hope that goes away soon and smells like me again. Wonder how long it will take. Well, to be tackled next week..................................3L Upper (once my tubing for my CAI gets here) :evil:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
o sweet I have 24's.....thanks but I got it all worked out now. I think. It was one of those....I need it now, must pay Ford full price for one. I did however find a nice guy at ford who was able to knock about 30 bills off the price. Looks like next time I F something up I'll head to him.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts