New Cougar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cougar meet in fond du lac on the 18 of Oct.

i hoping to get a bunch of cougar owners together and show and talk about cougars. just have a day we all can hang out. I hopin that there will be a big show. U can e-mail me at [email protected]. It Ryan
It would be at noon intill ?.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I'll try to be there.

But yeah, we need to get some ideas rolling around as to what we are all going to do.

Will it just be cougars or will there be another club? I know Fondy has a general car club with cavalier's and camaro's and the like.

What's fun to do in Fondy? Talking cars is going to last the whole day.

I hate to be a jerk but if "cruising" is on the itinerary for the day, count me out. Going up and down the main street 150 times and turning around by the light house is not my idea of fun.

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
I'm gonna second Spacedog... thats why I asked so much in my post... I'm not getting excited about standing outside in the cold talking about cars and comparing mods.. same with "laps"

I'll go if there is a definate plan... like dinner somewhere and activities... Fondy is about an hour and a half for me and I have no problem driving that.. just please don't make me show up and get pissy because you will look at us and go "what do you wanna do?"

·
Registered
130 Posts
damnit.....we need a meet someday before my cougar dies...someone take charge and set it up. Im useless for that

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah my tranny went bye bye, car will be fixed by the 30th. i had plans and already talked to the head guy at fondys sports complex. and we were goin to have dinner at farros supper club. Also a grand prix club that my buddy is in was goin to meet up with us and invite us to some car thing in appleton. Sorry guys thats what happens when u mod the motor and forget the tranny.
Ryan

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah someone should make a get together and place it somewhere were there is more stuff to do. I know i be willin to drive far to meet up with other cougar owners. Theres not many by me the only one is Chad Walker. Well maybe one day we can all jsut meet up and do something. i have 4 friends from fondy that would follow me were i go in there cougars.
I jsut tried planning something were i can mee the ppl i talk to and read there posts and look at there bad-ass cougars. This meet was for more local cougar owners. But i posted it b/c i thought non-members would c it and come and have a good time.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah hes a friend of mine. Helped me out on my car alot.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What i have done with the motor
-Weapon R Cold air intake
-Weapon R ECU
-Bosch Plat. 4 Spark plugs
-MSD Ignition
-MSD 8.5 plug wires
-SVT upper and lower intake manifold
-SVT throttle body
-Polished Heads

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Originally posted by: PurePimpinCougar
What i have done with the motor
-Weapon R Cold air intake
-Weapon R ECU
-Bosch Plat. 4 Spark plugs
-MSD Ignition
-MSD 8.5 plug wires
-SVT upper and lower intake manifold
-SVT throttle body
-Polished Heads
No offence man, but that is not enough to "break" a transmission.
Remember SVT contours are using the exact transmission as us, with 30 more HP. The Noble M12 GTO supercar's used our same transmission(without an LSD!) with their twin turbo duratec pushing 300hp.

HP breakdown.
The WeaponR ecu is little more than a IAT mod (IMO). (1-2hp)
Ignition Mods will make you no more power than a stock ignition system would.
SVT Upper and Lower Intake (8hp), decent gains, but at a very high cost (unless you got in on the BAT deal).
Polished heads, great mod, if properly tuned. Who did the machine work? Where they flow benched? Who did your tuning for you? I know the WeaponR "Power ECU" is not cabable of adjusting A/F and timing values. Polished heads would also flow more CFM at higher RPM's in effect shifting the powerband. Did you raise your Rev limiter to take advantage of this power shift? (5hp untuned, 15hp tuned - with headers and high flowing exhaust)

I'm seeing gains of maybe 10-20hp (30 if tuned well!), nothing that would even make the trannsmission act any differently.
Before you make stories up about your "MAD POWA" breaking your transmission, perhaps you need to look at your driving style. 5000 rpm clutch drops,
wheel hop, constant power shifting, lack of heel and toe down shifting, not matching revs on shifts, will KILL a transmission.

Another note. HP does not kill transmissions, torque will.

My flow sheet for my PnP heads with 3.0L valves. Do you have yours? I would love to compare numbers to heads with
Intake:
LIFT CFM
100 51.36
200 89.50
300 120.90
325 128.36
350 128.36
375 128.36

Exhaust:
LIFT CFM
100 38.94
200 68.98
300 100.83
325 106.13
350 106.13
375 106.13

My PnP heads, any pics of yours for comparison sake?

U wanna race???
I do. :biggrin:

·
Registered
638 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When i went to the dealership this morning. It was not the upgrades that wrecked my tranny but it had a small crack in the tranny. Which was prob from the last owner. Which broke a piece of the tranny which bolts to the mount. If u wanna race wait intill i put my 3.0 in. My buddy had a 2000 Tauras which he crashed 2 weeks ago. That motor is goin in my car. Whats ur 1/4 time mine right now with the mods i have is 15.8 I have the slip but i dont have a scanner to upload. U dont need to be a jerk about it. Thats what i thought it was. Sorry that im not all engine smart as u are. Take a chill pill. I'm not out to make enemies or thinking mine is better than your yours

1 - 20 of 26 Posts