New Cougar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do i remove the little cougar letters, and what do i need to put them on a different spot? what kind of tape.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
3M should work

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I pulled mine off with my fingernails. They don't take much effort and they just come off. Some of them will leave some sticky stuff behind. I just rubbed most of it off with my fingers, but I have seen a lot of people say that they just used some Goo Gone or something of the sort. As for putting them back on, I agree...3m is the best. I couldn't tell you that for sure since I left mine off, but 3m rocks. I'm sure it will work.

Take it easy

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
i did it to mine.. just order a new set because the ones that are on there now will have gooey backing on them that is no longer sticky. a new set is like 10 bucks from your dealer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
use some nylon fishing wire and *wearing gloves so you don't slice your fingers* use it to cut with a sawing action behind the letters. remaining adhesive can be removed with goo gone, wd40 etc. i would advise you to buy a new set of cougar letters from the dealership, b/c they will come with the tape attached, and if you look at the size of the letters, it would prolly save a lot of time and aggravation - imagine getting tape to fit perfectly onto the letters?

just my 2 cents

·
Registered
257 Posts
I agree that ordering a new set is the best but if you are impatient like me you can go to like autozone or something and by the strongest 3m tape they have. I think it has a red backing on it. Anyway, it does take some time to get it cut right but mine looks great.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
by the way .. i had a ***** of a time getting the rear mercury logo off. it wasn't hot out and the fishing line just wasn't working. So i took a butter knife and "stabbed" the backing. the backing is only about 1/4 of inch think (width) and goes fully around the emblem. there are 3 center dowls that can easiely break off.

·
Registered
244 Posts
After you take of the Mercury emblem, aren't you left with holes? WHat could fit over the holes? I don't feel like bondo and painting. If I used the same size cougar emblem as on the front grill, would if cover all the holes?
anyone have pics?

JOE

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes, the front cougar emblem will cover all the holes, and looks nice too. sorry, no pics.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Originally posted by: BazookaJOE
After you take of the Mercury emblem, aren't you left with holes? WHat could fit over the holes? I don't feel like bondo and painting. If I used the same size cougar emblem as on the front grill, would if cover all the holes?
anyone have pics?

JOE
pic

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.