New Cougar Forum banner

cougar head door 'gem' plugs

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cougar head door 'gem' plugs....

so who's car came with them? until the last couple days I was under the impression they were as standard as the cougar on the front grille on every 1999-2002 cougar.

cast your vote now. If yours did NOT come with these, what's your production date?

·
Premium Member
14,377 Posts
I don't know if this poll is going to gain you any information. Like I said in the other thread, I bought my car with literally none of the amenities. But it had these.
ditto, me and jscullin had some of the most base BASE models made.

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
cougar head door 'gem' plugs....

so who's car came with them? until the last couple days I was under the impression they were as standard as the cougar on the front grille on every 1999-2002 cougar.

cast your vote now. If yours did NOT come with these, what's your production date?
8/2/99

I have one set in the car and two spare sets for modding. Pulled from junkers.. $2.00 a pair

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
I have them.

However the base cougar at the C-bus pick and pull hadthe door plugs no emblems. It was a 4 banger with nothing. 99 don't know production date.

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
So if you don't have them, what's in place of them? Nothing? Also, if you don't have them. Did you buy the car new? If not, I imagine they were lost before you bought the car.
if you pop them out, they are attached to a gray plug... if you don't have the cougar head emblem, then you just have the plug w/ out it...

its not like the cougar head could fall off, or their would be a hole in the plug that was left there.

some had it, some didnt... ive been in like 6 diff coug's, a few had a few didnt

·
w00t!
15,782 Posts
I had a 99 red cougar, sport package and all... didn't come with them. Can't remember the production date

My black 99 didn't come with them either if I remember correctly, and its an early 99.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
my mtx I4 had them. and its a very base car; drum brakes in the rear, only options as far as i know is the spoiler and ac

·
Registered
711 Posts
Mine has them. I'll have to double check the date it was made, but I know it was made September 1999 or 2000. Not exactly sure.

But I also had everything included. A/C, power seats, sunroof, remote locks, cruise, etc.

·
Premium Member
22,086 Posts
I do not has :(
Build 7.14.98
These are cheap? I want :)
Your car almost shares my birthday! :tongue:

5/8/98 if I remember right . . . definitely May of 98, and I'm pretty sure mine has 'em.

They are in no way expensive or rare, despite what certain members here may think. I'm sure you could find 'em for a few bucks.

·
Registered
9,290 Posts
if you pop them out, they are attached to a gray plug... if you don't have the cougar head emblem, then you just have the plug w/ out it...
I have no such said gray plug. Just two little cougar "gems"

·
Registered
789 Posts
My base model 2000 I4 has them...every other Cougar in the area I've seen has them as well.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts